Toronto 2015

Apple

Actually no. The western most province in Canada is called British Columbia.

But Colombia is Colombia. There is no country called Columbia, even in English.

The Canadian province name have nothing to do with the name of the South American country.

Indeed, in Portuguese and Spanish, British Columbia is Colúmbia Britânica and Columbia Británica. And Colombia is Colômbia and Colombia.

Find the errors #OhCanada...

11743016_868913553186812_207585395468934

Imagine the opposite... Brazilians making a mistake with Canadian flag...

What GamesBids guys would say?

At first I thought it was the medal count because those numbers are WAY behind, but now I notice it lol.

Columbia could be seen as another but I'm sure it's just the lighting that makes the yellow look more like white.

Speaking of the medal count, the US has currently surpassed Canada in the total awarded medals, but as far as ranking goes Canada is still #1, with only about 4 gold medals left to surpass Canada in the rankings.

Did you realized the Brazilian flag was replaced by the Cuban one...

But Colombia is Colombia. There is no country called Columbia, even in English.

The Canadian province name have nothing to do with the name of the South American country.

Indeed, in Portuguese and Spanish, British Columbia is Colúmbia Britânica and Columbia Británica. And Colombia is Colômbia and Colombia.

Did you realized the Brazilian flag was replaced by the Cuban one...

I was trying to make a point saying that there are places spelt as "Columbia" in Canada.

I didn't notice the flag error lol!

I was trying to make a point saying that there are places spelt as "Columbia" in Canada.

I didn't notice the flag error lol!

Can not be used as a justificative...

Wasn't you operating the system, right? If not... gosh, it might be a common thing in Canada to ignore the flags of Brazil and/or Cuba... {irony mode off}

Danny, its just one of those English things with Columbia vs. Colombia. Properly they are pronounced differently.

Sorry, Faster, there is no country called Columbia, even in English...

It's a typo or lack of knowledge from he guy who was operating the score table.

Indeed, the guy seems also to not know the flag of Brazil.

In my job, putting a wrong flag in some graphics or a typo on air can be punished with day of salary.

Edited by DannyelBrazil

I think 2016 will be the year Brazil will pay back all the **** other countries did with Brazilian flag in sports events...

Santo Domingo 2003

pan2003.jpg

Copa America Chile 2015

bandeira-errada-1024x576.jpg

And now Toronto 2015

Not to mention Toronto 2015 OCOG played the anthem of Bahamas or Barbados* while raising the Brazilian Flag in the Olympic Village
TO 2015 OCOG doesn't know which anthem was played...

toronto080715falha-no-hino1.jpg

Brazilian athletes asking themselves what happened during the anthem...

http://esportes.terra.com.br/pan-2015-toronto-erra-hino-do-brasil-em-hasteamento-da-bandeira,ad750b5616adbd2c591ed91edcc76c3fizuwRCRD.html

"To asking apologies, Toronto 2015 committe sent a representative who speaks Portuguese to make a speech in the audio system of the Olympic Village, but the staff member talked in European Portuguese, despite being the same language, the accent is hard to Brazilians to understand".

Great, clap clap clap Toronto!

Before saying anything, Intoronto, the gaffe is unjustifiable given the importance that Brazil has at the Pan American Games history and in this very edition. With 590 athletes, Team Brazil is one of the largest teams in Toronto.
It is also the second largest country in number of journalists covering the competition - about 200, less only than Canada, which is the host country.

Edited by DannyelBrazil

Andre De Grasse won his semifinal heat in 9.97 seconds. Only 2 other Canadian sprinters have ever run 100m in less than 10 seconds

Wind assisted, it should be noticed.

I think 2016 will be the year Brazil will pay back all the **** other countries did with Brazilian flag in sports events...

Santo Domingo 2003

pan2003.jpg

Copa America Chile 2015

bandeira-errada-1024x576.jpg

And now Toronto 2015

Not to mention Toronto 2015 OCOG played the anthem of Bahamas or Barbados* while raising the Brazilian Flag in the Olympic Village

TO 2015 OCOG doesn't know which anthem was played...

toronto080715falha-no-hino1.jpg

Brazilian athletes asking themselves what happened during the anthem...

http://esportes.terra.com.br/pan-2015-toronto-erra-hino-do-brasil-em-hasteamento-da-bandeira,ad750b5616adbd2c591ed91edcc76c3fizuwRCRD.html

"To asking apologies, Toronto 2015 committe sent a representative who speaks Portuguese to make a speech in the audio system of the Olympic Village, but the staff member talked in European Portuguese, despite being the same language, the accent is hard to Brazilians to understand".

Great, clap clap clap Toronto!

Before saying anything, Intoronto, the gaffe is unjustifiable given the importance that Brazil has at the Pan American Games history and in this very edition. With 590 athletes, Team Brazil is one of the largest teams in Toronto.

It is also the second largest country in number of journalists covering the competition - about 200, less only than Canada, which is the host country.

At least the venues were built on time and the athletes seem to love these games!

Relax Danny, Brazil has a great reputation in Canada, it's thought of fondly by many people here, it was probably an honest mistake by some young and ignorant volunteers.

I don't know. When I ask my fellow Canadians on the street what comes to mind when they think of Brazilians the most common answer I get is "Brazilians are really sensitive about any perceived or real slight and they tend to take things that where meant in jest quite seriously". In those words exactly.

Can not be used as a justificative...

Wasn't you operating the system, right? If not... gosh, it might be a common thing in Canada to ignore the flags of Brazil and/or Cuba... {irony mode off}

Sorry, Faster, there is no country called Columbia, even in English...

It's a typo or lack of knowledge from he guy who was operating the score table.

Indeed, the guy seems also to not know the flag of Brazil.

In my job, putting a wrong flag in some graphics or a typo on air can be punished with day of salary.

But in English any words derived from Columbus are spelled with a U. Columbia, South Carolina, Columbus, Ohio. British Columbia, District of Columbia. So its a very common mistake to spell Colombia with a 'U' because in English usage all those words use the U and not the O. There is also no difference in how someone says British Columbia, District of Columbia and Colombia despite there actually being a pronunciation difference between the first 2 and the 3rd.

• Like 1

Mistakes do happen, and if you want to see how people here would react, I direct you to look at Game 2 of the 1992 World Series, US Marines when bringing the Canadian flag to the field in Atlanta accidentally flew the flag upside down. You can only imagine the kind of outrage that caused here....

Although I'm not exactly sure how someone can accidentally put the Cuba flag on there for Brazil, again, errors do happen, some may get offended by this, but it's in my eyes equivalent when you go to say an NHL game, and they accidentally put the wrong logo on the scoreboard for the opponent partly through the game. I've seen it happen before, sure this involves nations, but really, it's that kind of mistake, there is no huge conspiracy against Brazil.

• Like 1

The next Olympic City, also know like Wonderful City, not approved the organization of Toronto...

Rio 2016 want to avoid gaffes in the Olympics. Check out the story

To avoid gaffes as committed by Canadians - they played the hymn of Barbados in raising ceremony of the flag of Brazil in the Pan American Village - Rio 2016 sent a team to Toronto. The group acts as "observer," particularly in the protocol area.

Source.

I agree Canada needs learn how make events, this country does not seem organized :P

The next Olympic City, also know like Wonderful City, not approved the organization of Toronto...

Rio 2016 want to avoid gaffes in the Olympics. Check out the story

To avoid gaffes as committed by Canadians - they played the hymn of Barbados in raising ceremony of the flag of Brazil in the Pan American Village - Rio 2016 sent a team to Toronto. The group acts as "observer," particularly in the protocol area.

Source.

I agree Canada needs learn how make events, this country does not seem organized :P

Says the guy whose country was not completely ready when they hosted the World Cup, did a s**ty job on a freeway that it collapsed and killed a few people, is currently behind construction of the facilities for next year's Olympics, and has a president with an 8% approval rating and with so many local people demanding for her impeachment.

Says the guy whose country was not completely ready when they hosted the World Cup, did a s**ty job on a freeway that it collapsed and killed a few people, is currently behind construction of the facilities for next year's Olympics, and has a president with an 8% approval rating and with so many local people demanding for her impeachment.

Your opinion about the stadiums is irrelevant. :P
You do not have concrete arguments against the World Cup in Brazil in 2014. We all know that was the best World Cup in history. All matches, travel and accommodation of players happened perfectly, with public record in stadiums since 1994.
And what is the problem of the president? It neither interferes a bit in organizing the Olympics. I'd rather have a president with 8% approval than that of Hitler Azeribaijão, which imposes his country will one dictatorship and still is acclaimed by the people.
At least the Obama likes her :lol::lol:
11042015-_r0v7003-editar.jpg

REALLY MAD BECAUSE CANADA HAS DOUBLE THE GOLD.

Oh boy don't lose your time. Who cares with double in the Pan American Games? Let's talk about the TRIPLE in the Olympics.

19748789310_050586e129_b.jpg

• Like 1

Oh stop it, Danny. Mistakes happen. Calm down.

You act like the Toronto organizers did this purpose.

Stop acting like a baby.

I know mistakes happens and I never said it was on purpose...

And as I pointed, it happened in Chile, in Dominican Republic with Brazil... In London with South Korea and go on...

Only asking you guys to adjust your rulers for next year when some mistake happen in Brazil (I remember the drama because the stadium in Salvador mispelled "Entrance" - it was 8 pages of "Brazil is not ready for global events"...

Why didn't people remember they happen all around the globe? ;)

At least the venues were built on time and the athletes seem to love these games!

I can say exactly the same sentence for PanAms 2007 in Rio and for the 2014 World Cup (something you guys never hosted).

Relax Danny, Brazil has a great reputation in Canada, it's thought of fondly by many people here, it was probably an honest mistake by some young and ignorant volunteers.

For sure!!! Mistakes happen!!! Everywhere, from Brazil to Canada, to Chile, do Dominican Republic, to England.................................

REALLY MAD BECAUSE CANADA HAS DOUBLE THE GOLD.

Maybe we care more about 3x times more gold medal than Canada in Summer Olympics. I think Canadians too.

But in English any words derived from Columbus are spelled with a U. Columbia, South Carolina, Columbus, Ohio. British Columbia, District of Columbia. So its a very common mistake to spell Colombia with a 'U' because in English usage all those words use the U and not the O. There is also no difference in how someone says British Columbia, District of Columbia and Colombia despite there actually being a pronunciation difference between the first 2 and the 3rd.

Fair and thank you for the explanation, still, the country name is Colombia.

Although I'm not exactly sure how someone can accidentally put the Cuba flag on there for Brazil, again, errors do happen, some may get offended by this, but it's in my eyes equivalent when you go to say an NHL game, and they accidentally put the wrong logo on the scoreboard for the opponent partly through the game. I've seen it happen before, sure this involves nations, but really, it's that kind of mistake, there is no huge conspiracy against Brazil.

I'm not offended at all...

But, Intoronto loves to provoke Brazilians at any costs about everything... Just our turn ;)

I don't know. When I ask my fellow Canadians on the street what comes to mind when they think of Brazilians the most common answer I get is "Brazilians are really sensitive about any perceived or real slight and they tend to take things that where meant in jest quite seriously". In those words exactly.

Do you want me to discuss the Canadian stereotypes here? I leave it for Americans.

Edited by DannyelBrazil

Cuba is the great Pan American power. A small island with more than 70 medals and fourth in the ranking of medals.

It's incredible. This is not the best Cuban performance, but it's amazing.

About Brazil and Canada, I think Brazil beats Canada in a neutral territory.

• Like 1

God Danny, honestly shut the fuckk up you whining little bitch.

Hey Canadians are kind and polite, keep this reputation! You are acting like a Latino by saying this.

Canadians with hot blood is new for me, Ofan.

About Brazil and Canada, I think Brazil beats Canada in a neutral territory.

Well, it already happened in London 2012.

How Canada dare to be beaten by an emerging country full of sensitive people who cries like babies? Amazing...

• Like 1