Toronto 2015

Apple

I actually take my comment back. There has been a lot of ads everywhere (ttc etc.) That are eye catching and pretty big. But in terms of street banners for ex. I haven't seen anything.

I think the streetcars covered in Pan Am games ads covers a lot of ground that you don't need to litter the streets with banners.

That Canada...CANADA should fall so epically is simply unacceptable. This situation must be salvaged from the gaping embarrassment that it will most certainly cause. Must we remember Montreal allllllllll these years after? STILL, after all these years, the complexity of building a stadium has NOT diminished for Canadians? Such exquisite failures, along the lines of some who spit filth from their mouths on this thread, should not, in the least be tolerated. Oh...to think that this is happening is just...I simply can't.

I was in Toronto a month ago for the swimming trials for the national team. The venue is absolutelly stunning.

I wish we got a sport complex like that in Montréal (I'm jealous).

Only negative point, it's very far from downtown Toronto. Over an hour when you use public transport (the venue is in Scarborough)

That Canada...CANADA should fall so epically is simply unacceptable. This situation must be salvaged from the gaping embarrassment that it will most certainly cause. Must we remember Montreal allllllllll these years after? STILL, after all these years, the complexity of building a stadium has NOT diminished for Canadians? Such exquisite failures, along the lines of some who spit filth from their mouths on this thread, should not, in the least be tolerated. Oh...to think that this is happening is just...I simply can't.

The stadium is done, just the fancy visual components are taking longer than anticipated.

The CBC will have 650 hours of coverage online, while only broadcasting 5 hours per day on tv. 2 hours in the afternoon, 2 hours in primetime, and 1 hour at midnight.

This means that many sports will not be televised at all. For example, the IF for field hockey has already filed a complaint that their games will not even be broadcast online despite being a qualification event for 2016.

It is pathetic and embarrassing how little funding the CBC receives. Either do something about this or shut it down. I fear what the coverage will be like for Rio, and pray to God that Rogers and Bell step up in the near future to save what could be a very dark future for Olympic coverage in Canada.

Rogers won't they have too much money tied into the hockey contracts.

I don't know why you are so worried. Guadalajara had like an hour a day, I don't even remember any online coverage for Rio. So 5 hours a day is a pretty big step-up.

Rogers won't they have too much money tied into the hockey contracts.

I don't know why you are so worried. Guadalajara had like an hour a day, I don't even remember any online coverage for Rio. So 5 hours a day is a pretty big step-up.

Yeah, I may have overreacted a bit considering it's just the Pan Ams. I just figured that we'd see a little more coverage considering that Toronto is hosting.

Yeah, I may have overreacted a bit considering it's just the Pan Ams. I just figured that we'd see a little more coverage considering that Toronto is hosting.

I was gonna say.. I believe we saw that ESPN is covering about 80 hours. ESPN Deportes has over 100. You would think CBC (or some other network in Canada) would think highly enough of this event to give it something rather than relegating the bulk of the coverage online. So even to say that the amount of coverage is an improvement over 2011, you would think it would that much bigger that the event is held in Canada.

I know it's been discussing in a few different threads, particularly a couple of the ones talking about U.S. bids for the Olympics - so long as athletes and TV networks in the United States and Canada continue to treat the Pan Ams as a second-rate event, that's how they're going to be perceived. I don't know what the solution is to that dilemma, but until it changes, the Pan ams will be an over-ran event here

It's a bit unfair to compare ESPN to CBC. ESPN is all sports and has nine different networks to distribute content on. CBC has one and has to carry the news, weather, entertainment, children's shows, etc.

Back in the day, the Pan Ams were considered second-rate because the US, with all it's big names, just dominated the competition. Now, they get slammed because of the lack of big names, even though the competition has gotten better,

It's a bit unfair to compare ESPN to CBC. ESPN is all sports and has nine different networks to distribute content on. CBC has one and has to carry the news, weather, entertainment, children's shows, etc.

Doesn't seem to be a problem during the Olympics. I know that the relationships between networks and their parent companies can get a little awkward sometimes, especially when it comes to sports, but couldn't someone else pick up more coverage? It's not like there's a lack of sports-based TV networks in Canada. Wouldn't 1 or more of them be interested in covering this event to carry the bulk of the coverage. With all the online hours, clearly the events are being covered, so it wouldn't be the most difficult or expensive endeavor to show more event coverage.

Although you may exist on the outer extremities of what you may term "stuff", you must have at least, a barely there understanding of what "Throne" means....don't you?

(Just a joke, dear friend)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=throne

TOP DEFINITION
(n.) The raised seating place of a monarch

(n.) The toilet bowl

(v.) to make the leader.

The king sat on his throne and viewed his subjects

The "king" shat from his throne and poo'd his subjects

I was throned!

Yea, that makes sense. Throne as in the toilet bowl. So we'll go with that. We've been throned!

As " undoubtedly the most glittering expression of urban power" in Canada and indeed, in the entire New World, the disappointment that the city of Toronto is yet to make sufficient attention-grabbing noise about the imminence of the Pan Ams is almost galactic in proportions. Though not an outright declaration on my part of the failure of strategic public awareness planning on the part of the organisers, one must begin to conduct a second - more balanced scrutiny of the decisions which may have ruled against Toronto hosting astoundingly important global events such as the Olympic games and a World's Fair respectively. The city is stunning yes but the promotional competence of those who run it? No.. A ..very...big...NO. Look hard enough and the letters almost appear - skywritten - above the exquisitely sleek silhouette of the CN Tower. It is delusional and downright cowardly, for anyone to literally scamper to the conclusion that Toronto has "nothing to prove". Unfortunately, it has everything to prove - especially as it pertains to being either a future Olympics or even World's Fair host. Cities, sadly, do not host events for the sake of hosting them. Ask Vancouver - now foregrounded the world over because of its successful 2010 Games. Cities do not host the Olympics just for the sake of hosting them. Ask Barcelona. There is always something to prove. But then again, maybe the sound of silence emanating from Canada's largest - a city which I have fallen in love with over consecutive visits - really, truly has nothing .... absolutely nothing whatsoever to prove. Toronto, I urge you to prove me wrong.

Indoor volleyball schedule released.

http://images.toronto2015.org/system/asset_pdfs/schedule/volleyball-schedule-en.pdf

Ticket sales have resumed now for all sports. It is interesting to note that I was snooping around Stubhub.com and noticed that people are re-selling their tickets (which will not even be printed until next month) already, which is actually commonplace. I did a double-take, though, when I saw somebody was asking $1900 each for A

category OC tickets. I do believe somebody's expectations are a little out of line.

ESPN/ESPN2 Broadcast Schedule

July 10 8-11pm ESPN

July 11 6-10 pm ESPN2

July 12 7-11pm ESPN2

July 13 630pm-midnight ESPN2

July 14 7pm-midnight ESPN2

July 15 7-9pm ESPN2 (ESPY's night)

July 16 7pm-midnight ESPN2

July 17 7pm midnight ESPN2

July 18 7pm-midnight ESPN2

July 19 130-5pm ESPN2

7-10 pm ESPN2