Toronto 2015

Apple

And the gas bill must be taken into account for an event like this, plus the people operating all the little pipes, manufacture of many torches, etc. It makes sense to keep it local and low key. The baton otoh is an unique artifact with -it seems- not much costs of maintenance involved.

The top 10 ticket requests received to date are:

1. Football (soccer) ($20–$35), CIBC Hamilton Pan Am Soccer Stadium
  2. Pan Am Opening Ceremony ($100–$350), a Cirque du Soleil-produced one-night-only show on July 10, downtown Toronto
  3. Equestrian ($25–$75), Caledon Pan Am Equestrian Park and Pan Am Cross-Country Centre in Mono
  4. Athletics – track and field ($40–$140), CIBC Pan Am/Parapan Am Athletics Stadium at York University, Toronto
  5. Gymnastics – artistic gymnastics ($45–$75), Toronto Coliseum located in CIBC Pan Am Park, Toronto
  6. Aquatics – swimming ($40–$140), CIBC Pan Am/Parapan Am Aquatics Centre and Field House at the University of Toronto Scarborough
  7. Aquatics – diving ($20–$45), CIBC Pan Am/Parapan Am Aquatics Centre and Field House at University of Toronto Scarborough
  8. Volleyball – beach volleyball ($20–$45), Chevrolet Beach Volleyball Centre located in CIBC Pan Am Park, Toronto
  9. Volleyball – indoor volleyball ($20–$45), Exhibition Centre located in CIBC Pan Am Park, Toronto
  10. Aquatics – synchronized swimming ($20–$45), CIBC Pan Am/Parapan Am Aquatics Centre and Field House at the University of Toronto Scarborough

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/2232909#ixzz3F26mpxZp

I'm surprised to see soccer at the top, given that the Women's World Cup and Copa America end the weekend prior to the Games and the CONCACAF Gold Cup is scheduled during the Games. That's not to say there will not be any top players participating but the schedule (and the U22 age limit for men) works against it.

Troupe in opening show for Pan Am Games

Toronto-based Dance Caribe Performing Company (DCPC) has been chosen as one of the professional dance troupes that will perform at the opening ceremony of the 2015 Pan Am Games.

“We will be working with (Montreal-based) Cirque de Soleil on the opening ceremony presentation,” Artistic Director and Founder Martin Scott-Pascall told The Camera in an exclusive interview.

“For this upcoming, 2015 Pan Am Games’ project,” says Scott-Pascall, “I have been asked to create a new, commemorative dance piece. I look forward to this creative challenge and I know that my dancers and I are up to this expectation.

“Honestly, we are all very anxious and eager to show the world what we can do.”

Celebrating its 25th anniversary this month, DCPC’s mission statement is “preserving though dance, the cultural diversity of the Caribbean.”

During its silver past, DCPC participated in several, high-profile, Canadian cultural events including Taste of the Caribbean, Montréal; Caribana, Toronto;and Winterlude Festival, Ottawa.

Internationally, DCPC was invited to be part of a Caribana cultural exchange tour between Toronto and Hong Kong in 2004 and 2005.

In 2010, Scott-Pascall was appointed as the artistic director for the Caribbean contingent of the Ontario Pavilion during the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, part of the global cultural initiative hosted by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).

As DCPC’s lead costume designer, Scott-Pascall says, “Canada is a multi-cultural fabric made up of many diverse and interesting threads. DCPC is very proud to be considered as a valuable cultural thread that is both relevant and vibrant.”

Source:http://thecaribbeancamera.com/?p=3304

Not only the Olympics but the Pan Am Games are also suffering of gigantism . Government of Jalisco is suffering of a huge debt regarding the 2011 Pan Am Games of more than 1.000 million of Mexican pesos.

Thank god Toronto was picked up to save the day.

Not only the Olympics but the Pan Am Games are also suffering of gigantism . Government of Jalisco is suffering of a huge debt regarding the 2011 Pan Am Games of more than 1.000 million of Mexican pesos.

Thank god Toronto was picked up to save the day.

The Pan Ams have actually reduced in size from 95, when there were over 450 events. PASO has put in quota limits for all sports since 2007 as well.

The ticket request phase is now closed. Now the waiting begins to see if we get everything on our wish list. For the record I requested the OC on the 10th. BMX and Judo on the 11th. Rugby on the 12th Field Hockey and beach volleyball on the 13th. Canoe sprint on the 14th, Badminton on the 16th and archery and team handball on the 17th.

Ticket sales will resume December 8th.

The ticket request phase is now closed. Now the waiting begins to see if we get everything on our wish list. For the record I requested the OC on the 10th. BMX and Judo on the 11th. Rugby on the 12th Field Hockey and beach volleyball on the 13th. Canoe sprint on the 14th, Badminton on the 16th and archery and team handball on the 17th.

Ticket sales will resume December 8th.

I was planning on requesting the exact same schedule for the Friday Saturday Sunday. What a coincidence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...