Toronto 2015

Apple

I'm playing around with the ticketing portal just to get the hang of it before I place my actual request and it is very confusing. I select a ceremony or sport and it seems to post listing of events contested in a certain geographical area. So I select a session and go through the process of selecting it and putting in my order. Then I decide to switch to another sport and do the same but my first selection is no where to be found. I'm already getting a massive headache.

Is that 20000 people making requests or the amount of tickets requested in the first hour? Either way it is a good start. Sometimes stories like this are floated to create more urgency in buyers' minds, but given that this is not a first-come. first-serve phase, I tend to believe it.

I think I have the ticketing thing figured out, it is amazing what happens when you actually read instructions.

Is there a link to the story?

It was on their website in a video report from the 6 o'clock Toronto news today. Also in that report they ask some girl on the street if she'll buy tickets and she says "What are the Pan An Games?". loooool

Is that 20000 people making requests or the amount of tickets requested in the first hour? Either way it is a good start. Sometimes stories like this are floated to create more urgency in buyers' minds, but given that this is not a first-come. first-serve phase, I tend to believe it.

I think I have the ticketing thing figured out, it is amazing what happens when you actually read instructions.

I think it's number of tickets

Demand Strong for TORONTO 2015 Pan Am Games Tickets

75,000 tickets requested in 48 hours at TORONTO2015.org/tickets

TORONTO, Sept.18, 2014 /CNW/ - Sports fans across Canada and the Americas requested approximately 75,000 tickets in 48 hours for the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am Games — an average of 26 tickets requested every minute at TORONTO2015.org/tickets!

This early access period, which opened on Monday, September 15 at 10 a.m. ET, is the time for the public to stake their claim to the best tickets for the hottest Pan Am events — but it closes on Monday, October 6. Tickets start at $20.

"We're extremely proud of the response by the public for tickets to the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am Games, and we expect ticket demand to remain steady," said Saäd Rafi, chief executive officer of the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games Organizing Committee (TO2015).

"Tickets for the Opening Ceremony are especially popular as are aquatics, equestrian, track cycling and a number of ticketed sessions — where demand outstrips availability — look like they'll go to lottery," he added. "So don't delay, the best shot at getting in-demand tickets is to act now before this early access period closes on October 6!"

To ensure fairness in situations where more tickets are requested than are available for an event, customer ticket requests will be placed in a lottery. This lottery system, which is often used at mega-events like the recent Olympic Games in Vancouver and London, ensures everyone will have equal access to the most in-demand tickets.

Ticketmaster, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, is handling all ticket sales and services on behalf of the Games. Along with the official online ticket sales channel, customers may also request tickets by telephone toll-free within Canada and the U.S. at 1.855.726.2015 and internationally at 1.949.333.4824.

Hamilton to host mini-athletes’ village for Pan Am

Hamilton Spectator

Hamilton will play emergency host to hundreds of soccer players, coaches and team staff during next year's Pan Am Games.

Pan Am planners expect to arrange a satellite athletes' village at McMaster University to defuse concerns about possible highway delays moving soccer players and team staff between the main athletes' base in Toronto and the new Pan Am stadium in Hamilton.

The long-rumoured decision to set up shop in Hamilton went public Tuesday when the province announced it would have to spend an extra $74 million on the Games, which are already expected to cost $2.5 billion all in.

City and university officials are excited about the economic spinoffs of hosting 400 players, coaches and officials for two weeks of soccer — even if local policing duties and costs grow.

"That's hundreds of players and officials at Mac, but a lot of their families will stay here, too, which will be great for the hospitality industry," said Councillor Lloyd Ferguson, who chairs the city's Pan Am preparation committee.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4878144-hamilton-to-host-mini-athletes-village-for-pan-am/