Toronto 2015

Apple

I'm disappointed in the lack of information in today's announcement. Just a generic schedule, no details about session start times or venue specifics. I hope at least the start times are available on Sept 15 so I don't buy tickets to events going on at the same time.

Strange that they would play at all at home during the Games with everything else going on. But given that nobody really expects any structural alterations to the stadium for the ceremonies it really isn't much of a problem. It might need to be undressed and redressed for the closing at the most.

Strange that they would play at all at home during the Games with everything else going on. But given that nobody really expects any structural alterations to the stadium for the ceremonies it really isn't much of a problem. It might need to be undressed and redressed for the closing at the most.

I wonder if they're banking on some tourists from Latin American countries wanting to watch some pro baseball.

The CN Tower will be used in the Opening Ceremony for a fireworks display...

Similar to when Doha used the Aspire Tower for the Fireworks Displays at the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Doha 2006 Asian Games.

Its possible, but at best out of the new builds on the Aquatics Centre (for water polo) and the BMX track will be used.

And both of those are a stretch even. I can see them using a BMX track with a new velodrome and the Exhibition Place AC for WP like they had in 2008.

They'll probably have the full set of training venues though... A cheaper olympic masterplan is a likely legacy of 2015, but if the city ends up promising to build more and larger for the Olympics, oppositionists will have all they need.

Toronto seems intriguing to me since the bid days. The PanAms there can be the most exciting ever or just 15 days of boredom in a city which doesn't need them for anything.

For the Aquatics Centre, Toronto can always do what We did here in London for the 2012 Summer Olympics and Paralympics, by adding Temporary Seating that can be dismantled after the Summer Olympics and Paralympics.