Toronto 2015

Apple

Rogers isn't actively looking but within the next 10-20 years it will probably become a hot button issue because as of now the RC is old compared to other stadiums.

Dont think so - I now think this has legs. 1 Yonge St's (The Toronto Star Tower) parking lot has apparently sold for over 250 million dollars. I imagine the skydome lot could go sky high, and this is why Rogers has all the options on the table. And most cookie-cutters (aka the Rogers centre) tend to have a life span of 25-30 years too..

I don't know about that... I guess he skipped the Pan Ams twice already.

And on the torch, intoronto, I saw a note once about the relay for the Winnipeg '67 games and it says the New Fire entered Manitoba via Saint Paul, Minnesota, as a little nod the the previous host city, São Paulo. Can you confirm this?

I don't know about that... I guess he skipped the Pan Ams twice already.

And on the torch, intoronto, I saw a note once about the relay for the Winnipeg '67 games and it says the New Fire entered Manitoba via Saint Paul, Minnesota, as a little nod the the previous host city, São Paulo. Can you confirm this?

Well he competed in Toronto before so why not. It can be a tune up for the WC. And not sure what u mean?

Bolt is very above the level of the Pan Ams. It's unlikely he'll show up to compete there since he had the opportunity before and passed it.

And I asked about the relay from the 67 games. It's impossible to find good info about them, and since you're canadian maybe you more sources available...or not...

Bolt is very above the level of the Pan Ams. It's unlikely he'll show up to compete there since he had the opportunity before and passed it.

And I asked about the relay from the 67 games. It's impossible to find good info about them, and since you're canadian maybe you more sources available...or not...

He has competed before in Toronto and said he would be back for the Pan Ams in 2010. And idk all I know it was a tribute to the first nations?

Credits to Current over at UT

Site prep at York University for the Pan Am Games Track and Field stadium, photos from Aug 3.

7744009458_9879df936a_c.jpg

7744007464_3624893bfd_b.jpg

Just a personal note: I am personally affected by the construction. I always walk through there getting to my summer job lol (I also study there). And now I have to stop at another stop and walk from there.

The Athletics stadium was supposed to seat 25,000 which isn't bad but will seat half due to Hamilton withdrawing. The only simple answer is in these economic times is building a 60,000 seat stadium with no use doesn't make much sense.

I do think that the organisers and the city of Toronto missed a trick here.

Having moved away from the Hamilton location, what I would have done would have been to build a single tier 25,000 seat stadium in the Portlands, future proofed for expansion.

Once 2015 had finished, the Argonauts could have moved in. If Toronto won the right to host the Olympics, two extra modular decks could have been added producing a 75,000 - 80,000 seat Olympic stadium. Post games and depending on future needs, you either remove both decks or just the top one, leaving a 50,000 seat venue for either the Argonauts, major Toronto FC games, the Grey Cup etc. There might even be space for a new ballpark and all of the infrastructure would be in place.

I do think that the organisers and the city of Toronto missed a trick here.

Having moved away from the Hamilton location, what I would have done would have been to build a single tier 25,000 seat stadium in the Portlands, future proofed for expansion.

Once 2015 had finished, the Argonauts could have moved in. If Toronto won the right to host the Olympics, two extra modular decks could have been added producing a 75,000 - 80,000 seat Olympic stadium. Post games and depending on future needs, you either remove both decks or just the top one, leaving a 50,000 seat venue for either the Argonauts, major Toronto FC games, the Grey Cup etc. There might even be space for a new ballpark and all of the infrastructure would be in place.

True but if it was in Portlands who would have been the partner. York University is paying the city's portion of the cost (44%)

Town of Ajax Confirms Baseball/Softball Venue

TORONTO, August 17, 2012 – The Toronto 2015 Pan/Parapan Am Games Organizing Committee (TO2015) is pleased to announce the Town of Ajax as the confirmed site to host baseball/softball during the 2015 Games.

“On behalf of TO2015, I am delighted to confirm that the Town of Ajax will be hosting baseball/softball during the 2015 Games,” said Ian Troop, Chief Executive Officer, TO2015. “We appreciate the collaboration and hard work put in by council and the community to ensure the facility will be used long after the Games.”

A memorandum of understanding confirming the Town’s commitment was executed on August 3, 2012.

TO2015 looks forward to working with the Town of Ajax, the Province of Ontario and Government of Canada to develop a baseball/softball venue that will host athletes from the Americas in 2015 and can be used long after the Games by recreational and amateur athletes alike.

Looks like my concern that not the best aquatic athletes competing is not true.

Toronto 2015 & Competition Calendar Conflict with 2015 FINA World Championships – Report was submitted by Ms. Margo Mountjoy regarding the timing conflicts that have arisen due to the conflict of dates between Toronto 2015 and the FINA World Championships in Kazan. This presents serious challenges for all aquatic disciplines that are being dealt now. Ms. Mountjoy updated the group on the progress made during the meeting in London in February 2012 with Ian Troop (CEO Toronto 2015) and Julio Maglione and Cornel Marculescu. The various scenarios and possible solutions were reviewed. As changing the dates of the either event is not feasible, promotion within the UANA family as encouraged in all disciplines to ensure adequate attendance in Toronto. Ms. Mountjoy submitted the following summary:

Diving: The competition program will be adjusted in Toronto and Kazan to allow for attendance at both events

Swimming: The competition program will be adjusted in Toronto and Kazan to allow for attendance at both events

Water polo: Due to the competition program, attendance at both events is not possible; appropriate development in UANA Federations is necessary to ensure enough teams attend in Toronto

Synchro: Due to the competition program, attendance at both events is not possible; appropriate development in UANA Federations is necessary to ensure enough teams attend in Toronto; Attendance at both events for duet competition is feasible

Open Water: The competition program already allows feasibility for attendance at both events

Well synchro no one cares about lol and water polo wasn't going to be an Olympic qualifier anyways.