Toronto 2015

Apple

Functional for a PanAms but very Guadalajara-esque to an olympic ambitious city. Please don't take this as a negative critic to Toronto but, apart for keeping the 2015 games low cost, what are the reasons to skip building the main stadium for an eventual SOG now and use it in time for the Pan American Games?

The Athletics stadium was supposed to seat 25,000 which isn't bad but will seat half due to Hamilton withdrawing. The only simple answer is in these economic times is building a 60,000 seat stadium with no use doesn't make much sense.

No Air Canada Centre? Very strange. Back when the bid was launched I thought it was a sure bet that gymnastics and basketball would be held there.

Rather have full then half empty stadiums. It was the success of the Guadalajara games compared to the Rio Games

More news both men's softball and women's baseball will be contested in Toronto.

8 teams for women;s baseball might be a stretch. Canada, USA, Venezuela, Cuba, Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic are the only teams ranked atm. Colombia, Brazil and Bahamas also have teams.

8 teams in men;s softball,

Canoe Slalom will be contested first time at the Pan American Games.

ATM Brazil, USA, Mexico, Canada, Costa Rica, Paraguay and Venezuela only countries with athletes recently at the Pan American Championship.

Functional for a PanAms but very Guadalajara-esque to an olympic ambitious city. Please don't take this as a negative critic to Toronto but, apart for keeping the 2015 games low cost, what are the reasons to skip building the main stadium for an eventual SOG now and use it in time for the Pan American Games?

Because Toronto doesnt need a new stadium... and infact with any Olympic bid it'll be very interesting to see what is done with a new main stadium. I almost wonder if Exhibition Place is going to become the new Olympic Park for a 2024 bid with BMO getting replaced by a new large stadium.

Because Toronto doesnt need a new stadium... and infact with any Olympic bid it'll be very interesting to see what is done with a new main stadium. I almost wonder if Exhibition Place is going to become the new Olympic Park for a 2024 bid with BMO getting replaced by a new large stadium.

The Portlands will be where the stadium is put. It will likely be reduced to 25,000=35,000 seats for the Argos if anything.

• Like 1

What do you mean? Is Rogers looking into building a baseball only purpose stadium anytime soon?

Well ... I believe it was Beeston earlier this year that the Jays were investigating putting grass in the Rogers center but that all plans were up for investigation. I poked around a bit.. and yes the Jays are truly looking at all the options. Apparently some believe the Rogers centre is sitting on a gold mine of land if a new buyer is given free use... and the options if somehow rogers decides to ditch the rogers centre is the portland's or downsview. This part is speculation... but I suspect if Rogers does build a new stadium it'll be mostly privately financed but with some sweetheart deals with the city (ie lower taxes).

What do you mean? Is Rogers looking into building a baseball only purpose stadium anytime soon?

Rogers isn't actively looking but within the next 10-20 years it will probably become a hot button issue because as of now the RC is old compared to other stadiums.