Toronto 2015

Apple

Maybe Martin Short's wife is all recovered now, so he can do his segment that was cut out at the Vancouver Closing?? I bet he'd be funny in terribly fractured Spanish. Certainly cause a cultural war!! :lol:

Anybody know if there's a live feed to North America--w/o the beheadings? :(

Beheadings? I think ESPN is showing it in the USA.

• 3 weeks later...

^^ Reminds me of Scotiabank Aquatic Centre but with a glassy roof instead of the wavy one. Although that render is old since it has the bid logo on it, so it probably changed a bit.

Yes it has the sides do not have walls sort of like the London 2012 velodrome and the seats have been reduced to 6,000 from 10,000

From what I've seen of the Handover, I was underwhelmed. It wasn't bad but it wasn't spectacular either. I mean with all the jumping around and ballethletics of those 7 dancers, that could be ANY city doing it. Only the filmclip identified it as "Toronto." And Toronto's logo is nothing to crow about. It's even MORE pathetic than Vancouver's Illanak.

So the PanAms do not have a Paralympic component to them?

From what I've seen of the Handover, I was underwhelmed. It wasn't bad but it wasn't spectacular either. I mean with all the jumping around and ballethletics of those 7 dancers, that could be ANY city doing it. Only the filmclip identified it as "Toronto." And Toronto's logo is nothing to crow about. It's even MORE pathetic than Vancouver's Illanak.

So the PanAms do not have a Paralympic component to them?

:lol: I liked it. It bought across the point, but it could have been better. But what can $300,000 get you? The Parapan Games begin on nov 12.

I don't think it was mentioned here yet but Toronto 2015 has locked up CIBC as one of their main sponsors.

CIBC lead sponsor of Pan Am Games in 2015

Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce has landed the lead sponsorship of the Pan Am games in Toronto, the bank’s largest ever sponsorship deal.

“As the spotlight now turns to 2015, CIBC looks forward to working to working with the Toronto organizing committee to make the 2015 Games a tremendous success,” Gerry McCaughey, chief executive of CIBC, said in a statement Thursday.

The current Pan Am Games are wrapping up in Guadalajara.

CIBC will also be the lead partner of the Games, standing “shoulder to shoulder” with the organizing committee, said Roger Garland, chair of the board of TO2015.

He said he is “extremely pleased by this incredible show of support from CIBC.”

Stephen Forbes, executive vice-president of marketing and communications at CIBC, said the bank sees enormous opportunities in contributing to a major sporting and cultural event.

“We are proud to associate our brand with what will no doubt be a significant event that will inspire a generation of young athletes and be a source of tremendous pride for our communities,” he said in a statement.

http://business.financialpost.com/2011/10/27/cibc-lead-sponsor-of-pan-am-games-in-2015/

It looks like the Veledrome is moving from Hamilton to Toronto since Hamilton can't commit financially to the venue. Great news for T.O. and just makes Toronto 2015's venue plan much more compact.

Where are your hearing Toronto? :lol:

There is no way Toronto will agree to it. I have heard only of Milton has a possibility.

BTW where did you disappear to for the last couple of months?

Where are your hearing Toronto? :lol:

There is no way Toronto will agree to it. I have heard only of Milton has a possibility.

BTW where did you disappear to for the last couple of months?

Speculation on another board since they got out their Request for Proposal out for the new Veledrome location. We should be finding out where within the next couple weeks. If it's in the GTA it could be at York University just like the Athletics stadium, or maybe somewhere in York Region which is much better than Hamilton.

And I've been laying low. I came out of hiding to make my comment about Toronto's so-so handover segment.

Speculation on another board since they got out their Request for Proposal out for the new Veledrome location. We should be finding out where within the next couple weeks. If it's in the GTA it could be at York University just like the Athletics stadium, or maybe somewhere in York Region which is much better than Hamilton.

And I've been laying low. I came out of hiding to make my comment about Toronto's so-so handover segment.

Which board :lol: I want to read it. As a current York University student I have to say there is really no space to build anything. The track and field stadium literally will cut a road in half and buildings will have to be demolished.

Which board :lol: I want to read it. As a current York University student I have to say there is really no space to build anything. The track and field stadium literally will cut a road in half and buildings will have to be demolished.

Urbantoronto. It's just speculation, nothing concrete. I'm hoping the Veledrome is relocated to Toronto. I'm being optimistic that it happens cause I was never a fan of spreading all the venues out. Remember when the bid was first announced how it was supposed to be a Hamilton/Toronto bid...lol...Thank god that never came to fruition.

Urbantoronto. It's just speculation, nothing concrete. I'm hoping the Veledrome is relocated to Toronto. I'm being optimistic that it happens cause I was never a fan of spreading all the venues out. Remember when the bid was first announced how it was supposed to be a Hamilton/Toronto bid...lol...Thank god that never came to fruition.

But I see now way unless private sector steps in Toronto accepts the idea.