Underage Chinese Gymnasts Probe Expands

barrack

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/24/...tr=HOME_4475545

(AP) The investigation into the ages of China's gold-medal women's gymnastics team has been expanded to include members of the 2000 team that won a bronze in Sydney, the Associated Press has learned.

Things that shoulda been taken care of before the games, especially since there were concerns in 2000 as well.

To be perfectly honest..I'm not sure why there should be a minimum age for the gymnasts.There isn't for most of the other Olympic disciplines.

I understand about past abuses involving puberty-suppressing drugs etc.but surely the younger gynmasts could be tested for these before being allowed to take part!

Edited by Mainad

• 4 weeks later...
To be perfectly honest..I'm not sure why there should be a minimum age for the gymnasts.There isn't for most of the other Olympic disciplines.

I understand about past abuses involving puberty-suppressing drugs etc.but surely the younger gynmasts could be tested for these before being allowed to take part!

I think there should be a minimum age for the Olympics. I don't know which sport you mention without limit but, in my opinion, without limit should be ridicolous an Olympic Champion 10 years old! 16 years should be the minimum for al the sport, and furthermore now we have the youth olympig games for teen agers; come on, let us leave the games to men and women, the games are not school events.

Nadia said the same thing and I guess I agree with her assessment.

But rules are rules.

Mark my words, it will come out 20 years from now they were under aged, much like the East German and Russian women swimmers admitted they were doped in 1976.