Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest TOKYO 2016

Olympic Champion Support Tokyo Bid

Guest TOKYO 2016

Tony Gunawan (Indonesia-U.S)

2000 Olympics gold medalist (Badminton Man's doubles)

“I love Japan. I love the Japanese food, the atmosphere…everything! I would be absolutely ecstatic if Tokyo hosted the Olympic Games and would relish the opportunity to participate as a coach or even be there as a spectator. The badminton courts are great and the environment is fantastic.”

Candra Wijaya (Indonesia)

2000 Olympics gold medalist (Badminton Man's doubles)

“I was delighted when Tokyo was selected as a Candidate City for the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Japan is renowned for its world-class facilities and organisation skills and I am lucky to have been able to participate in one of Japan’s great sporting competitions and experience the country's hospitality at first hand. Tokyo is a wonderful city and I'm very excited about the prospect of being a part of the Games here in 2016 and I urge people across the world to lend their support to Tokyo 2016."

Guest TOKYO 2016

Swimmer Kitajima throws gold-medal weight behind Tokyo's 2016 Olympic bid

20081213p2a00m0na014000p_size5.jpg

Gold medalist swimmer Kosuke Kitajima appeared alongside Tokyo Gov. Shintaro Ishihara on Friday at a support rally for the city's 2016 Olympic bid.

"I want to show our children the wonder of the Olympics," Kitajima told the cheering crowd at Yoyogi National Gymnasium in Shibuya-ku.

Around 10,000 supporters gathered for the event, at which Kitajima announced the inauguration of the Tokyo Bid Support Party, with himself as party leader.

"Why not take on the job of Liberal Democratic Party leader while you're at it?" quipped Ishihara.

Kitajima said he will also be calling on other sporting figures to back the bid.

Guest TOKYO 2016

20090126160515_4644.jpg

1976 Montreal olymcpic woman's volleyball gold medalist support

Jan. 25 Tokyo gymnasium Japanese Volleyball league

Guest PARAN

090820_02_02.jpg

Naoko Takahashi (centre), 2000 Sydney Marathon gold medalist, meets Berlino,

the Berlin 2009 Mascot, at the Tokyo 2016 booth.

Tokyo is asking for help from Japan's prime minister-in-waiting, Yukio Hatoyama, to boost its bid for the 2016 Summer Olympics following his reform-minded party's historic electoral victory.

The International Olympic Committee will choose the host city in Copenhagen on October 2.

Rio de Janeiro, Madrid, and Chicago are also in the running with US President Barack Obama leading a galaxy of superstar supporters for their bids.

Read full on:- http://sports.sg.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=3564328

________________________________________________________________________________

Regards..

John