Mexico NOC admits his vote

Olegario Vazquez Raña admitts that he has been always a supporter of the "American" sport, of course the article says that he is going to vote for NY.

In other part he also said that the Spanish influence is not going to care because is more important to support sport in our continent.

Revela Olegario intención de su voto

Según el presidente de la Federación Internacional de Tiro, la elección en la que compiten París, Londres, Nueva York, Madrid y Moscú será transparente

Por Adrián Basilio

Grupo Reforma

Ciudad de México (17 junio 2005).- Olegario Vázquez Raña, miembro del Comité Olímpico Internacional, reveló este viernes que podría votar por Nueva York como sede de los Juegos Olímpicos en 2012, durante las elecciones del 6 de julio que se realizarán en Sigapur.

Aunque no se refirió a la ciudad estadounidense por su nombre, dijo que siempre ha sido americanista en el sentido de que apoya todo lo relacionado al deporte en el Continente Americano.

Al ser cuestionado si sus raíces españolas lo harían inclinarse por la candidatura de Madrid, el dirigente aseguró que no.

"Ya lo tengo definido. Yo siempre he sido americanista y no me refiero al equipo de futbol", aclaró.

Según Vázquez Raña, será transparente la elección en la que compiten París, Londres, Nueva York, Madrid y Moscú.

Respecto a que la capital francesa es considerada como la favorita, el también presidente de la Federación Internacional de Tiro comentó que la negativa de los franceses a aprobar la Constitución europea impactará en su candidatura.

:help:   :help:

Oh i almost forgot something..

at the end of the interview..Olegario said that he has spoke with some IOC members about paris been the favourite and that he got the impression that the NO to the European Constitution will hurt the bid because a lot of european members are a little bid disapointed with France.

He said that in this race Paris started as favourite but that the IOC members are more sure that is not the real perception of the bid.

The NO to the European Constituion was something that made the point of view of the IOC members diferent.

He also said that the IOC is pushing NY to put the things in right order (with the stadium) because they still CAN win, and the IOC wants a decent olympic games if hey happen in NY in the year of 2012. He said that losers from european cities in 2012 will search 2016 and thats why NY can still win, and the IOC wants a high level games even if they are in NY.!

Oh i almost forgot something..

at the end of the interview..Olegario said that he has spoke with some IOC members about paris been the favourite and that he got the impression that the NO to the European Constitution will hurt the bid because a lot of european members are a little bid disapointed with France.

He said that in this race Paris started as favourite but that the IOC members are more sure that is not the real perception of the bid.

The NO to the European Constituion was something that made the point of view of the IOC members diferent.

Very interesting, although I have to say I don't really see any link between the French 'No' and this process. Still, if it works out in London's favour, I'll take it.

The Spanish NOC will vote for an European candidate in 2016 and you Mexican won't get the votes of the American NOC because they will vote to an English bid :wwww:

Tu mexico que me entiendes: darles los votos a vuestro amigo Bush, pero luego él a ver si os los devuelve jajajajaja, me temo que no será así, así que bye bye Monterrey, se siente!

Interesting story Mexico.  Thanks for sharing it.

I am a little surprised that Mexico isn't leaning towards Madrid but I guess their ties with Spain aren't as strong as they are with Canada and the U.S.

As for the French vote on the constitution - no, it shouldn't be a factor but people are people.  I am sure that there are those in the IOC who are very unhappy with the French vote right now and some switching of allegiance will happen.

No American city would ever be out of the running, come vote day. They always will have a chance, no matter what city it is. The only thing that could have killed NY's bid, was the stadium fiasco. But now they have a new stadium plan, so things are looking up. I still would be shocked if NYC won, but also pleasantly surprised.

Anything to keep Paris and Chirac from gloating.

.But now they have a new stadium plan, so things are looking up. I still would be shocked if NYC won, but also pleasantly surprised.

Michelle Tradeau

I will not lower myself by getting into this debate, as its pointless. But one comment Id like to make is this... I can sincerely put my hand on my heart and say, I don't know any Paris supporter on this board, that are pleasant or positive regarding any other cities bid. I think this in itself, says quite a lot.  

You lower the debate with some sentences like that,you will be happy if Paris loses.Which candidature do you support?It is a fair spirit?A fair spirit is when you are happy if your bids wins,not if somenone loses...pff  you are hypocritical[/quote

With all due respect to you, you haven't been here for very long, so you haven't seen all of what has been going on.

I can only say what I have seen and what I have seen, throughout this bidding process, is almost a complete lack of constructive comment and debate from supporters of the Paris bid in these forums. Much of it has, in fact, been pure drivel designed to provoke hostile reactions from other posters.

They are not alone, by any means, but their presence has been highly significant. I hope that things will improve in the next few weeks but, to be honest, I'm not holding my breath.

And by the way, I don't want Paris to win either.

.But now they have a new stadium plan, so things are looking up. I still would be shocked if NYC won, but also pleasantly surprised.

Michelle Tradeau

I will not lower myself by getting into this debate, as its pointless. But one comment Id like to make is this... I can sincerely put my hand on my heart and say, I don't know any Paris supporter on this board, that are pleasant or positive regarding any other cities bid. I think this in itself, says quite a lot.  

You lower the debate with some sentences like that,you will be happy if Paris loses.Which candidature do you support?It is a fair spirit?A fair spirit is when you are happy if your bids wins,not if somenone loses...pff  you are hypocritical[/quote

I think my conduct is good, when it comes to praising different cities bids. I have always said Paris has a good bid... its just a shame, in my opinion, that the leaders behind their bid are arrogant and uncompromising.

No wonder people on gamesbids would be happy if Paris lost. The people who support Paris 2012 are rude and obnoxious, and think the IOC owe Paris the games.

No one owns the Olympic games, just like no one owns Europe. The French need to realise this.

Michelle Tradeau

I think my conduct is good, when it comes to praising different cities bids. I have always said Paris has a good bid... its just a shame, in my opinion, that the leaders behind their bid are arrogant and uncompromising.

No wonder people on gamesbids would be happy if Paris lost. The people who support Paris 2012 are rude and obnoxious, and think the IOC owe Paris the games.

No one owns the Olympic games, just like no one owns Europe. The French need to realise this.

paris leaders ares arrogants, uhmmm well!  time to look at what's happening!

so french say no, and british? do you think they look like peoples saying yes?

lol

Big problem is that european union was builded by France, and this is the core of europe, second, the french didn't say no to what they builded, they said no to Blair slavery new europe shape, Europe is still alive and will last long after the lackeys sods will go away by themselves!

i think the egoism Blair and lackeys weak link in europe crying about his rebate will make more effect on what europeans IOC memebers will vote, than a temporar no from builders oe Union that will say yes next time!

they will remind that enlargement of union was asked by france and germany, and always was bashed by uk shop's owners for years!

hey hey

Are the IOC members allowed to reveal who they are going to vote for before July 6th??

In any respect, I still see the NY Olympic Stadium as the Achilles Heel for their bid.  I agree with arwebb, the NO vote should have no bearing whatsoever on any Olympic Bid.  And the UK would have voted No anyways.

They can so-call "reveal" what they have in their minds here. However, they really cannot say which city they will actually vote, when that time comes. It is like the way the Vatican had their vote recently to elect a new Pope.

Michelle Tradeau

Your attitude would be fair play because of a lot of people in this board would be happy if Paris loses these Games?

The majority is not ever in right is not ever fair play...you are not fair play.

I proved materially that this forum is propagandist forum with the tons of threads (4 posts) which are posted against Paris Bids...I saw one thread against London bids and I reprobate this kind of behaviour.You make some generalities which are wrong..French people are not arrogant but their technocrats are...

Your attitude is dangerous,classify people from a country as arrogant or like that or that  is dangerous,every man has his education,his temper so it has no sense to say french people are arrogant.I am a frenchwoman and  when I travel I am not arrogant I adapt to the culture in the country where I travel.

Tout n'est pas noir tout n'est pas blanc Michelle...

So we can't ask perfectly legitimate questions about the Paris bid then. What utter nonsense.

Is it OK for Paris supporters to talk utter rubbish about other bids and yet cry 'Foul' when points are raised about the Paris bid? The double standards of some Paris supporters are breathtaking.

We have a saying over here and I think it applies in this case - if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

"So we can't ask perfectly legitimate questions about the Paris bid then. What utter nonsense"

For you it is legitimate that in a post in the Paris section an London supporter asks which perversity after a fire in an hotel where children and woman died if the Paris bid was threatened?, I don't think so...don't be astonished if some people front of this  cynism reacts with some violence...There is misinformation on this board and i fight against that.

IOC has delivered its conclusions,Paris has a bid of quality,I wonder why London supporters endeavor to discredite parisian bid.

Very low level...

I'd like to know where I'm supposed to have come out with that kind of bull.

I'm talking about the issues surrounding the Stade de France, the issues surrounding an evaluation report so squeaky clean it's unbelievable, the issues surrounding corruption investigations involving people very close to the Paris bid.

It is these issues that are, quite properly, raised and ignored by Paris supporters. Now why is that? Perhaps you would care to enlighten me.

What is the DIRECT links with the Paris bids?

An evaluation report is not a a report about people who participate to the Paris bid,it is  a TECHNICAL rapport to know what is the best city to host the Games ,so I understand why you are so questionned about that,you don't understand to what serves an evaluation report...From an other part Philippe Baudillon and Delanoe are honnest man.People involved in bribery scandal are surely competent .

Justice will be delivered so for the moment we apply the "presomption d'innocence" it means we suppose people are innocent (i doubt of it).There are surely people which a involved in scandal but it is pathetic to use it as an argument.You would  condamn a lot of people who gives every day a part of their lives.

London bets on the personnality of Sebastian Coe to win The Games?If it was the case I don't think,if it was the case it would be pathetic for the Games :rolleyes:

I'm not condemning anybody. I did indeed say in another thread that these people were innocent until proven otherwise, so I don't need lessons in that. What I am saying is that it can't look particularly good for Paris to have two of its senior figures embroiled in this kind of episode in the build-up to the vote.

There was a report about the 2003 World Athletics Championships which made a number of criticisms of the event. When this report was raised here, Paris supporters claimed it was some kind of conspiracy by London instead of engaging with the issue. As for the evaluation report, why not talk about issues surrounding the aquatics centre, or the potential for strikes. These are important issues that should be being discussed, but are dismissed by Paris supporters. So I'll ask you again - what are you afraid of?

Archived