The New American Race

LA84

Well more good news out of Chicago.  The city has turned down the opportunity of hosting the 2008 Republican convention, choosing instead to stay focused on planning for the Olympics:

City Says No To Republicans

I wonder if NYC will bid for a convention again.  Probably not since the WTC site would still look the same as it did when they hosted a convention in '04, which would be embarresing.  :hmm:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOTICE TO THE mentally-challenged Expect the World...THIS IS NOT FOR YOU.  DO NOT READ THIS.   REPEAT, do NOT READ THIS.  THIS IS A FLIPPANT, WITTY and AMERICAN POST.  

Whew!  JUST IN CASE.  I now have to flag my posts.

Anyway,

maybe Toronto or Madrid

Could bid.   :wwww:

Why, it even rhymes.

Probably not since the WTC site would still look the same as it did when they hosted a convention in '04, which would be embarresing.
It is really embarassing to have such a project stalled. Now where is Silver who self-proclaimed himself the saviour of his district.

Nevertheless, the project is a conglomeration several self-independent government entities New York City, New York State, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the private sector with Silverstein and the families of victims and fallen heroes of the World Trade Center. Negotiations will move and sides are trying to reach an agreement. That's how it works.

At least here in New York, the public has a lot of say when it comes to a public project. And money will be available for what they want in that site. Unlike some other pretending city out there...   :;):  :P

Well more good news out of Chicago.  The city has turned down the opportunity of hosting the 2008 Republican convention, choosing instead to stay focused on planning for the Olympics:

City Says No To Republicans

I wonder if NYC will bid for a convention again

Which is a big blunder for Chicago. How can you prove you can host a huge event like the Olympics if you can't even allot some time to a smaller event. Experience means a lot in this kind of competition. Apparently, Chicago is trying not to acquire that.

And yes, NYC is gunning for both the DNC and RNC conventions. And that'll be in the new Madison Square Garden or the new Brooklyn Arena.

Brand-spanking-new arenas for the conventions if they'll finish construction at that time.  :unclesam:

Ay-yay-yay, the curse of Joseph strikes again.

GBids story on Minnesota aiming for 2020

Depending on how factual this report is, it seems that Ms. Hartman and her group are totally clueless in how to go about with a bid.  I mean bypassing the USOC.  Which is strange considering they were the runner-up to Atlanta in 1989.  

And their timing is out of step.  Aiming for 2020 when all winds point to a 2016 run.

Ay-yay-yay, the curse of Joseph strikes again.

GBids story on Minnesota aiming for 2020

Depending on how factual this report is, it seems that Ms. Hartman and her group are totally clueless in how to go about with a bid.  I mean bypassing the USOC.  Which is strange considering they were the runner-up to Atlanta in 1989.  

And their timing is out of step.  Aiming for 2020 when all winds point to a 2016 run.

:D  I know i sound like a hippocrate, but he was all "MINNESOTA!!!!!!!"

Imagine if it wins   :rolleyes:  

That would be wierd.

Are Joseph and I Love Minneapolis the same person?  Or are they just of the same mindset?

Joseph was a totally tunnel-vision, brain-washed O's-for-Minn-iac; I Love Minneapolis was a more realistic poster.  (Where is he?)  I guess we might see the return of both or either of them.  Couldn't be worse than the Madrid, Toronto and Harbin groupies.

I think GBMod should upon a new Category/folder:  Unrealistic Bids.  

Of course, we could also all be wrong!   :wwww:

• 2 weeks later...

Around the Rings is reporting that the USOC will take another tentative step towards a bid for a 2016 bid this coming weekend and it has some USOC Board Members saying that the timing is right (for a 2016 bid).

I just wish I have access to that article...  :angry:

Around the Rings is reporting that the USOC will take another tentative step towards a bid for a 2016 bid this coming weekend and it has some USOC Board Members saying that the timing is right (for a 2016 bid).

I just wish I have access to that article...  :angry:

it's just the Exec Board (I think some 11 members) who are meeting in Denver this weekend.  They may recommend to proceed with a bid.  The full board (I don't how many) will meet en masse in June.  They will then have to ratify the Exec Board's decision -- thereby making it officially go with whatever other recommendations the EB may propose next week.

Archived