Current IOC Active Members List

Guardian

The honour members of IOC they don't have the right to vote, right? The former king of Greece is a honourable member, but he'll go to Singapore for the vote.

Can the honourable members of IOC affect the members that can vote?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The honour members of IOC they don't have the right to vote, right? The former king of Greece is a honourable member, but he'll go to Singapore for the vote.

No, I'm guessing, Pyrros, that the Honorary members cannot vote.   They are either too senile already or they've gotten enough of a free ride anyway.  They get all the souvenirs, and programs, and goodies -- but no votes.

But they could certainly influence votes, esp. if some undecided ones would look up to them and ask them for advice.  So that would be a very legitimate way for some of them to influence the vote.

No, honorary members can't vote (love the malapropism of 'honourable IOC members'...is there such a beast  :D ) and yes, I am sure they can have some influence. The wily old falangist JAS senior no doubt wants to impress his opinions and influence on those minions he elevated to the feeding trough during his benevolent despotism re how good Madrid is.

And isn't it interesting to see arguably the most corrupt IOC member documented yet never reined in, Ashwini Kumar, is still on the honorary list? I'd think he'd give Slavkov, Un Yong Kim and JAS Senior a run for their Swiss bank accounts considering how much graft and cheating he has foistered on Olympic boxing (thanks to Andrew Jennings for going to town on this mook).

Would have thought that Henry Kissinger is an "honor" member here? Next thing, we will have to contend with Jimmy Carter in this category in the future.

'Guardian', why do you post undercover? Afraid your fanclub will come find you? I never understood this "anonymous" mode Gamesbids allows us to use. Not on a site like this, anyway.

It's just a habit of mine. Besides, it doesn't make a difference anyway. You only have to see the "darkened" circle on the various forums to know when a post was made last in it. With that, the topic that had the latest post and the time it was posted. That's all to it.

Anyway, what are the chances that Slavkov will be expelled from the IOC? If he is expelled, then Bulgaria may not have an IOC member for a while. With this in mind, I can't believe that Turkey still hasn't got one yet.

'Guardian', why do you post undercover? Afraid your fanclub will come find you? I never understood this "anonymous" mode Gamesbids allows us to use. Not on a site like this, anyway.

It's just a habit of mine. Besides, it doesn't make a difference anyway. You only have to see the "darkened" circle on the various forums to know when a post was made last in it. With that, the topic that had the latest post and the time it was posted. That's all to it.

Anyway, what are the chances that Slavkov will be expelled from the IOC? If he is expelled, then Bulgaria may not have an IOC member for a while. With this in mind, I can't believe that Turkey still hasn't got one yet.

haha, you're so random.

I hope he is expelled, and that is likely. Regarding Turkey not having any IOC members... I am also surprised by this. They need some sort of representation on the IOC, especially if their future bids have any credible shot at winning.

haha, you're so random.

I hope he is expelled, and that is likely. Regarding Turkey not having any IOC members... I am also surprised by this. They need some sort of representation on the IOC, especially if their future bids have any credible shot at winning.

I know what you mean, Michelle. It is very odd to me that Canada is about to host the Winter Olympics in 2010. With that in mind, it will be the third time the Olympics have come to Canada, after Montreal 1976 and Calgary 1988, and it has only Richard Pound as an IOC member. Yes, only ONE! What's with that?  :help:

• 2 weeks later...
Well, it is less than a month now before the big vote. It will be interesting how these people will determine the fate of the 5 candidate cities for the 2012 Olympic Games. I'll post an IOC article first, followed by the very list of IOC members itself as a repeat from the first page of this topic:

a) Election Of The Host City For The Games Of The XXX Olympiad - Who Votes?

B)The Complete List Of IOC Members

Note: The list is most likely the completed one for the upcoming vote.

ONE MORE WEEK TO GO. Good luck to the five cities. For those wanting to know the members of the IOC (again), then click on the second link on this post.

For those of us not knowing about how many IOC members that will vote on the 2012 Olympic Games on Wednesday, here's the breakdown:

1) 116 ACTIVE IOC members have the chance to vote;

2) At the first ballot, these number of IOC members, based on nation, CANNOT vote:

a) Russia (3 votes);

B) Great Britain (3 votes);

c) France (3 votes);

d) Spain (2 votes);

e) USA (3 votes)

f) President Rogge himself

Total: 15 votes not counted.

3) Just to make things brief, at the first ballot, based on "continent", these number of votes will be casted on Wednesday. However, there will be discrepancies in the end of it all because of some factors:

- Europe: 42

- Asia: 20

- Americas: 15

- Africa: 19

- Oceania: 5

For individual countries, it really doesn't matter here. However, if you want, I could put that on here based on "continent."

• 3 weeks later...

Archived