Current IOC Active Members List

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for the welcome.

Canada only has one IOC member  - Pound. No one replaced Letheren when she died

However the list is missing Hashemi from Iran - don't know why - so if he is still an IOC member and if Susie O Neill is replaced before the vote takes place, then active membership for the vote is 119 ???

thanks for the welcome.

Canada only has one IOC member  - Pound. No one replaced Letheren when she died

However the list is missing Hashemi from Iran - don't know why - so if he is still an IOC member and if Susie O Neill is replaced before the vote takes place, then active membership for the vote is 119 ???

Ditto to that. There were about 2 others, but their names are missing and I'm not quite sure what happened there.

As for the active ones, the number will stay the same unless something really happens between now and July.

• 4 weeks later...
I think it will depend if Dr Kim gets parole or not. If he does not get to Singapore ....then I think it's over for him. Some members will definitely find it a lot easier to vote him out if he's not there.

Never mind Slavkov of Bulgaria, too.

• 1 month later...
With just over 3 months before the Singapore IOC Session, I guess the list of 117 members will stand and their ballots will be counted accordingly. After that, the list will really change after the Torino 2006 Olympic Winter Games.

With just over 3 months before the Singapore IOC Session, I guess the list of 117 members will stand and their ballots will be counted accordingly. After that, the list will really change after the Torino 2006 Olympic Winter Games.

Uhmm...so you're saying no one can die before February '06?  Ok-ey...  :rolleyes:

Uhmm...so you're saying no one can die before February '06?  Ok-ey...  :rolleyes:

If one of them dies or cannot attend for whatever reasons or excuses any of them have, then the number goes down. That's it. Of course, I'm sure that there have been IOC members that have abstained from voting. Whether it is personal choice or not, I'm not sure.

If one of them dies or cannot attend for whatever reasons or excuses any of them have, then the number goes down. That's it. Of course, I'm sure that there have been IOC members that have abstained from voting. Whether it is personal choice or not, I'm not sure.

Things can even happen during a vote. In the 1993 session (to elect 2000), the member for Swaziland voted all through the early rounds, then abstained through the last round to dash off because of some problems back home.

Wouldn't the July session also be used to elect new members (though such new members wouldn't be eligible to vote in the 2012 decision)?

Things can even happen during a vote. In the 1993 session (to elect 2000), the member for Swaziland voted all through the early rounds, then abstained through the last round to dash off because of some problems back home.

Wouldn't the July session also be used to elect new members (though such new members wouldn't be eligible to vote in the 2012 decision)?

It could be. However, I really never heard of new IOC members been elected in an IOC Session before. So, I cannot be sure.

Most of all, it will be interesting on how the vote count comes out for the 2012 Olympics host city decision, never mind how many of them will ACTUALLY vote in each ballot(s).

• 2 weeks later...
Now that Prince Rainier has died, Prince Albert is now the new sovereign of Monaco. It will be interesting on how he will handle the primary duties of the principality while being an IOC member at the same time.

Now that Prince Rainier has died, Prince Albert is now the new sovereign of Monaco. It will be interesting on how he will handle the primary duties of the principality while being an IOC member at the same time.

Yes, interesting. Will him resign as IOC member because he is Head of State?

Is there an IOC rule that a head of State can't be an IOC member?

Is there an IOC rule that a head of State can't be an IOC member?

That is a good question. There are IOC members of royalty amongst the list of active ones that can vote for future host cities for starters. However, I don't know if there is one other, at least, is a head of state of his/her nation and being an IOC member at the same time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So, Kim is gone, huh? Well, if that's the case, then there will be one less vote for the 5 candidate cities for the 2012 Olympic Games to get. He's down and one more to settle. Most of us here know who he is.

So, Kim is gone, huh? Well, if that's the case, then there will be one less vote for the 5 candidate cities for the 2012 Olympic Games to get. He's down and one more to settle. Most of us here know who he is.

Okay, I just checked the list and it is confirmed now. Kim is out and there are now 116 IOC members. (South) Korea now only has 2 IOC members.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it is less than a month now before the big vote. It will be interesting how these people will determine the fate of the 5 candidate cities for the 2012 Olympic Games. I'll post an IOC article first, followed by the very list of IOC members itself as a repeat from the first page of this topic:

a) Election Of The Host City For The Games Of The XXX Olympiad - Who Votes?

B)The Complete List Of IOC Members

Note: The list is most likely the completed one for the upcoming vote.

Well, it is less than a month now before the big vote. It will be interesting how these people will determine the fate of the 5 candidate cities for the 2012 Olympic Games. I'll post an IOC article first, followed by the very list of IOC members itself as a repeat from the first page of this topic:

a) Election Of The Host City For The Games Of The XXX Olympiad - Who Votes?

B)The Complete List Of IOC Members

Note: The list is most likely the completed one for the upcoming vote.

I'm attempting to try to do my own calculation on how the vote might go. Of course it will be totally wrong but it would be interesting to see what other people come up with.

It seems that Slavkov is not going to be able to vote in the host city decision in Singapore. However, he still has to find out, if he is going to be expelled from the IOC because of a BBC documentary.

It seems that Slavkov is not going to be able to vote in the host city decision in Singapore. However, he still has to find out, if he is going to be expelled from the IOC because of a BBC documentary.

I guess Slavkov is having trouble making up his mind.

I guess Slavkov is having trouble making up his mind.

Come now...surely Seb Coe had him marked down as a dead cert London backer?  :P

meanwhile, isn't it nice to see Ivan making such a wise comment, with both tongue in cheek and hand in wallet:

Meanwhile Slavkov called his trip to Singapore a “personal issue” and said he was at a loss over the speculation that it has generated.

He said, “it could be that some journalists are keen to pay my travelling allowance so that I make a confession. I would be happy to accept official offers for sponsorship and I would make daily statements for suitable remuneration”.

Archived