Paralympics Opening Ceremony Details

rav3n

Well now that the Olympic games are history, the Paralympic Games are going to start the next week. So now i decided to open this thread so we can talk about the show they are going to make (ok is not going to be as good as the regular olympic opening but remember the paralympics sometimes bring us nice surprises, remember Salt Lake 2002 Paralympics opening? ;) )

Anyway i will post the first pics of the rehearsals (thanks to Yahoo)

capt.cfa9eda8ed4d44099dba6719421a9222.china_paralympics_xed103.jpg

capt.d0ff86ec1a844c9c95cb74ab4e1c0d99.china_paralympics_xed107.jpg

capt.a51015e71d3a4fc09f3462ccfd1d5de0.china_paralympics_xed104.jpg

capt.d96fb4209b4642acb3b0009d44b07ee6.china_paralympics_xed102.jpg

For the moment this screams Torino 2006 to me, and they're going to use part of the stands of the stadium for the show as i can see.

If someone has more pics of the rehearsals please post them here ^w^

Hmmmmm. Are those for real, raven? How sure are you?

I think they were photoshopped. Why would these pics be released if they don't show the full glory of Chinese paralympians?

I think these are fake. U're obvously pulling our legs.........errr, arms!!

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Hmmmmm. Are those for real, raven? How sure are you?

I think they were photoshopped. Why would these pics be released if they don't show the full glory of Chinese paralympians?

I think these are fake. U're obvously pulling your legs...errr, arms!!

:lol: :lol: those are pics from Yahoo taken by Reuters so they arent fake. Besides i dont see why every performer on the OC must be a handicapped guy XD

The Music of the Parade of the Athletes is much better then the of the Olympic Ceremony!!!

I have to agree with you, much better than those mariachis and bagpipes back then in August 8

PD: THe beggining...oh mygod :blink: Multi-colored gimps?? WTF??

capt.2b6ce5ab9d264359a88646051e88b20e.china_beijing_paralympics__xgb102.jpg

gimp.jpg

The Aussie announcers claim the music is played live. I thinkies not.

Now I have no idea what the space monkeys dancing like Michael Jackson was about? Maybe a 50th birthday present to MJ? He has been photographed in a wheelchair recently...

Oh and one of the announcers (I may have missheard) stated when the US team marched in that 'the current wars have bolstered the US teams numbers"... um thanks for that!

Well, the Paralympic Games opening ceremony was covered entirely for the first time in Venezuela thanks to TVes, so i didnt needed to watch it online :P . Obviously, more simple than the conventional opening, but much better than the Closing Ceremony. The segment with the blind pianist and the constantly changing stage, representing the four seasons, was probably the best of the show. The rest was a little boring. altough emotive. Some of the musics used were better than the ones of the opening ceremony (like the entrance of the flag). The lightning of the flame was probably the most emotive part (the guy on the wheelchair had to climb by himself to the cauldron, altough probably he received some help since doing that alone would be pretty exhausting).

About the looped music at the parade of nations, hmmm i'm not sure but i can swear i heard looped music also on other parades, like Salt Lake City 2002 (if i remember right i heard the opera music ''Carmen'' a lot of times).

We got live coverage of the Paralympics Opening at TV BRASIL. I believe it was the first time a paralympic event was broadcasted live here.

Loved that 4 seasons segment too. I agree it was better than the Olympics Closing, it actually had a closing ceremony mood don't you think?

The entrance of the flag was much better than the first one. The paralympic torch relay had that little problem (one of the torches couldn't be ignited and the runner had to give it's torch) but the weelchair guy climbing to the cauldron was very nice.

Thumbs up for Beijing 2008 OC's

I also think it's the first time a full Paralympics OC was broadcasted live, here in Portugal. I didn't watch it completely - only the parade, the beginning of the artistic ceremony, and the lighting - but I liked much of what I actually saw... and heard (what an improvement from the Olympic Parade of Nations!).