Olympic Countdown Clock Vandalized....again

mr.x

Olympic countdown clock vandalized

Vancouver/CKNW(AM98)

8/28/2008

Vandals have hit Vancouver’s Olympic countdown clock...again.

A clean-up crew was called in just before nine this morning after white paint was poured all over the clock...located outside the Vancouver art gallery.

Luis --who doesn't want his last name released-- says the culprits were caught --white-handed.

He says he doesn't know exactly how many vandals were involved, but it was more than one.

Vancouver police still have to confirm how many people were taken into custody.

again???? how original. what is this, the third time now right?

At least they got caught.

God, we should just ship them off to Tibet and let them protest there. Or better yet, make them watch the Paralympics. They need to see how the athletes come on top of real and unfixable problems. Instead of finding a solution to their poverty, they sit on their asses waiting for the government to feed them caviar.

God, we should just ship them off to Tibet and let them protest there. Or better yet, make them watch the Paralympics. They need to see how the athletes come on top of real and unfixable problems. Instead of finding a solution to their poverty, they sit on their asses waiting for the government to feed them caviar.

The irony being, it turns out it was the Paralympic side they hit.

I pass by the clock on my way to the office. Why does it always seem to be the Paralympic side that gets the most abuse? I guess the APC either has it out for physically challenged athletes or they can't read. But the clock is covered in white paint, although they cleared up the glass around the timer.

It appears that the damage on the clock is permanent to an extent, until they fix it. A simple paint wash isn't gonna do the trick this time:

CLOCK VANDALIZED

bc-080828-olympic-clock-vandalized.jpg

AFTER CLEANING CREW MAKES REPAIRS, still damaged

2809432416_0f8900acbc_o.jpg

The lives of this morons are obviously miserable, so it seems they want to make everyone else's miserable. If they would just use some of this energy to do something productive! Many of the paralymic athletes have overcome far, far greater obstacles in their live than these idiots have experienced yet have been able to live very enlightening, productive lives.

I don't condone vandalism but What committee is stupid enough to have this clock on Sidewalk Level ? I saw pictures of the Beijing Clock and it was up in the air. This just asks for trouble. The Clock as I recall had lexan panels on it . One would assume the Committee would have had second panels that could replace the first ones by simply screwing off the vandalised panels and replacing them. ONe would assume that. Paint is not much of a problem to get off Lexan . LEXAN a GE Product TOPs sponsor of the Olympics.

jim jones