Fantasy Olympic Bid Competition 2020 (xxxii)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have converted my document to a pdf but i canot upload it on here as it says the file is too big but it only 10 pages, can anyone help?

I finished by document, but the program I used to convert to PDF messed up all of my PNG images.

I should have it up later today.

Wow. I'm almost afraid to post this after seeing Lord David's extensive bid, but here we go...

Pittsburgh____A_2020_Vision_by_DocSteel.jpg

http://docsteel.deviantart.com/art/Pittsbu...ision-100348730

"Bridging Past and Future"

Thanks to Lord David who, unbeknownst to him, gave me an upload site. Unfortunately, I could not work around the wonky PNG images. Please to ignore them as best you can.

sorry guys, just recongised that we have another competition right now - I wil ltry to take a look into the bid-books later (I am just preparing to leave for work)

Quite all right. When you get the chance to look at them, make sure to look at mine at this link, the revised version.

And try not to be too hard on me, since I am a complete newbie at all of this. ;)

Pittsburgh

I think it is a great bid – especially for someone, who did something like this for the first time.

The layout of the bid book is good and I like how the city and the venues are presented – furthermore the reader get an impression about the legacy…

I miss a little bit an explanation why does Pittsburgh want to welcome the youth of the world or why should the IOC award them exactly to Pittsburgh.

Vienna will follow...

Pittsburgh

I think it is a great bid – especially for someone, who did something like this for the first time.

The layout of the bid book is good and I like how the city and the venues are presented – furthermore the reader get an impression about the legacy…

I miss a little bit an explanation why does Pittsburgh want to welcome the youth of the world or why should the IOC award them exactly to Pittsburgh.

I don't disagree. I spent the majority of my time on the venues, so all of the other aspects of the bid were secondary.

Thank you for the praise as well. I'll make sure to implement your suggestions if there is another bid competition.

DocSteel - maybe you are interested in some of the fantasy bid competion of the past (I don't know if the link still works):

2016 Summer Olympics

2018 Winter Olympics

2026 FIFA World Cup

Thanks for the links. I did study Boston and Miami's 2016 bids, which were #1 and #2 in the vote, to help me in putting together the non-venue parts of my Pittsburgh bid.

I forgot something concerning Pittsburgh:

I think it would have been better if you had used a pic of a "proposed" Olympic stadium instead of a real pic of the "Heinz Field" stadium - the Olympic Stadium is the heart of a bid - the current Heinz Field stadium isn't really something special and therewith I would had used something different...

I forgot something concerning Pittsburgh:

I think it would have been better if you had used a pic of a "proposed" Olympic stadium instead of a real pic of the "Heinz Field" stadium - the Olympic Stadium is the heart of a bid - the current Heinz Field stadium isn't really something special and therewith I would had used something different...

That's probably true, but there's nothing I could find that really portrays my vision of Heinz Field. Much of the current infrastructure would remain the same, but refurbished and expanded.

It seems that his competition wasn't accepted as it would have deserved - that is a pitty - I wonder why the proposed bids weren't not completed...

DocSteel and LordDavids bids would have deserved more acknoledgement...

I agree. There were seven proposed cities sent, so I expected at least five books. And where did Aronious go? This is his thread, and he hasn't posted since September 10.

I agree. There were seven proposed cities sent, so I expected at least five books. And where did Aronious go? This is his thread, and he hasn't posted since September 10.

I think this competition suffers extremely from the fact that our GamesBids is in a "calm period" right now - the forum was very active during the Beijing Olympics and we have had several great fantasy competition in the last year...

It is really pitty that this fantasy competiton doesn't receive acknowledgement, which it would have deserved. Your Pittsburgh bid is a very good one for somebody, who did something like this for the first time.

I just hope that you and Lord David won't loose heart to join another fantasy competition, due the poor acknowledgment this time!

Archived