What's The Easiest Sport To Pick Up?

krow

so if you just wanted an olympic medal, but you weren't really good at anything what would be the easiest to pick up and attach yourself to a winning team?

i'm thinking rowing. it's all strength and timing, and if you get in one of those 8 person boats someone else decides the timing for you. so all you have to do is hit the gym and practice, right? and if you become the cox, you don't even have to hit the gym, just practice. i think even china won one of these easy medals.

I think China won in one of the 2-women skulls or something -- but not in the 8s.

You could also be one of the heats runners and swimmers, and if the finalists win, you also GET a medal -- but you don't get to stand on the podium.

On the other hand, the cox always gets thrown in the water.

So, take your pick.

Yeah I was thinking shotput or hammer throw. Just work on that upper body strength. Lots of shoulder injuries in those sports though. Hmm - so maybe not. Long jump perhaps? I say aim for Sochi and go curling!

Actually - BMX! Just be an absolute hoon (ride like there is no tomorrow!) and have some luck on your side.

so if you just wanted an olympic medal, but you weren't really good at anything what would be the easiest to pick up and attach yourself to a winning team?

i'm thinking rowing. it's all strength and timing, and if you get in one of those 8 person boats someone else decides the timing for you. so all you have to do is hit the gym and practice, right? and if you become the cox, you don't even have to hit the gym, just practice. i think even china won one of these easy medals.

I rowed throughout high school and some of college and I can tell you that it's not as easy as you make it to be. I'm going to say no sport looks as easy as Olympians make it out to be. That they make it look so easy is probably why they're so good at it.

If anything, a 'game' sport might be your best chance, where strategy plays a bigger role.

I guess it's matching what your skeletal frame gives you though. Short little arms aren't gonna help you get a gold medal in the rowing but muscle up and go weightlifting. This is why communisim works well for sport success, you force people to do the sport their body gives them an advantage for, never mind what they would like to do...

Sad thing is that I have thought about this before - the winter one where you rub the ice with some kind of stick for the rubber wheel thing - that looks easy and if someone let me on a team, i'm cetain i'd be a medal chance!

Sad thing is that I have thought about this before - the winter one where you rub the ice with some kind of stick for the rubber wheel thing - that looks easy and if someone let me on a team, i'm cetain i'd be a medal chance!

Curling? It's VERY hard. Trust me. People who have been curling since childhood into their later adult years can still do it like complete idiots.

Curling? It's VERY hard. Trust me. People who have been curling since childhood into their later adult years can still do it like complete idiots.

I don't get it, whats so hard about it? Isn't it a matter of 'to rub or not to rub'?

well, i sucked at video game curling when i tried it. it was the only sport i never won a gold medal in. however, if i was going to do it i'd be the person that throws the stone. that way if it doesn't make it into the house thingie you can blame it on the sweepers.

what about sailing? i know it's sort of tough, but if rich people can do it, it can't be that strenuous.

From what I herd, being a beaksmen/pusher in Bobsled is the easiest way to get into hight calibre sports fast. Sadly, you need to have the right body type and be in a really good physical shape for it. And as for being a driver, it requires the shape of a breaksmen plus years and years of training... So pushing the Bob but not driving is the way to go.

In terms of physical fitness, I think Shooting might require the least.

#1 - You probably could be on a wheelchair and still be a great marksman/person.

#2 - It's the non-exertion part of the Biathlon.

All you really need is great concentration and hand-to-eye coordination.

Archived