The Voting For The I. Eruedan Memorial Medal

IN MEMORIAM OF ERUEDAN (ZEKE)

Here are the nominees for every category - the voting last 24 hours and the winners will be announced at August 26th, at 21:00 (Central European Time)

You are allowed to give in every category your first choice: 10 points - your second choice: 6 points and your third choice: 2 points.

I hope we will have many people, who vote!!

eruedanbanner25on.jpg

Olympic Spirit

• Lone British weightlifter Michaela Breeze gritted her way through the pain barrier Tuesday as she completed her Olympic campaign in Beijing despite an injury incurred during an early lift that appeared to have dashed her hopes.
  • The people and volunters of Beijing
  • David Davies, the poor guy collapsed after finishing and despite leading the whole way he missed out on the gold medal by becoming disorientated at the finish.

GamesBidders' most memorable or "best" moment of the games

• The countdown and drumming segment of the opening
  • The Flying Cauldron Lighter
  • The "human brushes" dancing and drawing as the scroll opens.
  • The Chinese crown give a warm welcome to the athletes for Chinese Taipei despite the politics.
  • Well, obviously, Michael Phelps takes his 8th Gold at these games and 14th Gold overall.
  • Usain Bolt's 100m victory - debate all you like whether he was clean (I'd rather give him the benifit of the doubt), but you can't say this wasn't an incredibly memorable moment.
  • Rebecca Adlington winning two golds in the pool!
  • Liu Xiang's walkout
  • I think it is fantastic when somebody strong shows his emotions - the tears of Mathias Steiner, a German weightlifter, who's wife died last year in a car accident
  • Usain Bolt's 100m/200m double

Best post by a GamesBidder during the games

• Pyrros's summing up and verdict less than a quarter through the ceremony
  • The incorporable Krow, who, with his response in the "Dumb Sports" category during a discussion of new dumb sports to be added, came up with this gem that is the only internet posting that has ever made me spit out my beverage in laughter: how about complaining? think of the heated france / canada final."
  • Jeff and Paul's Aussie concession speech

Best venue

• Cycling Road Race
  • The Bird's Nest
  • The watercube

The "Sexiest" Athlete of the Game

• female nominations out of the "Hot Bods of the Games" thread
  • male nominations out of the "Hot Bods of the Games" thread

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

My vote:

Olympic Spirit:

10 points: the people and volunteers of Beijing

(I don't award my 6 and 2 points)

Moment:

10 points: Usain Bolt's 100m victory

6 points: The Flying Cauldron Lighter

2 points: Mathias Steiner

Best post:

10 points: krow

(I don't award my 6 and 2 points)

Best venue:

10 points: The Watercube

6 points: The Bird's Nest

(I don't award my 2 points)

"Sexiest" Athlete of the Game

10 points: Andrea Minguzzi

6 points: Johnathan Horton

2 points: Panagiotis Papadopoulos

10 points: Alona Bondarenko

6 points: Victoria Pendleton

2 points: Stephanie Rice

My votes:

Olympic Spirit

10 points: The people and volunters of Beijing

6 points: David Davies, the poor guy collapsed after finishing and despite leading the whole way he missed out on the gold medal by becoming disorientated at the finish.

2 points: Lone British weightlifter Michaela Breeze gritted her way through the pain barrier Tuesday as she completed her Olympic campaign in Beijing despite an injury incurred during an early lift that appeared to have dashed her hopes.

10 points: I think it is fantastic when somebody strong shows his emotions - the tears of Mathias Steiner, a German weightlifter, who's wife died last year in a car accident

6 points: The countdown and drumming segment of the opening

2 points: Well, obviously, Michael Phelps takes his 8th Gold at these games and 14th Gold overall.

10 points: The incorporable Krow, who, with his response in the "Dumb Sports" category during a discussion of new dumb sports to be added, came up with this gem that is the only internet posting that has ever made me spit out my beverage in laughter: how about complaining? think of the heated france / canada final."

6 points: Jeff and Paul's Aussie concession speech[*]

2 points: Pyrros's summing up and verdict less than a quarter through the ceremony

Best venue

10 points: Cycling Road Race

6 points: The Bird's Nest

2 points: The watercube

female

10 points: Leryn Franco

6 points: Stephani Rice

2 points: Fatima Moreira de Melo

male

10 points: Sascha Klein

6 points: Reinder Nummerdor

2 points: Matthew Mitcham

Edited by Sir Roltel

I have to admit that I am dissapointed about the response in the voting round so far...

I thought that there will be more members interested to create a "GB-prize" for just closed Olympic Games on one hand and on the other hand to remember one of our members...

Maybe I will extent the time for voting - since two votes are really too less...

I have to admit that I am dissapointed about the response in the voting round so far...

I thought that there will be more members interested to create a "GB-prize" for just closed Olympic Games on one hand and on the other hand to remember one of our members...

Maybe I will extent the time for voting - since two votes are really too less...

i think you have made the topics to broad. should have kept it to one specific area...rather than having to vote on several different things.

i think you have made the topics to broad. should have kept it to one specific area...rather than having to vote on several different things.

maybe you are right Aronious, but I wonder why nobody said it before when I introduced the EMM - by the way everybody can choose if he/she wants to vote in every category or just in some/or in one!!!

Thanks so much for doing this, Martin.

Olympic Spirit

10 Points - David Davies

10 Points - The countdown and drumming segment of the opening

6 points - The Flying Cauldron Lighter

2 Points - Usain Bolt

10 points-Jeff and Paul's Aussie concession speech

Best venue

10 Points - Watercube

6- The Bird's Nest

Male

10 Points - Fabian Hambeuchen

6 points - Sascha Klein

2 points - Jamie Staff

CAF, it's nice to do this to honor Eruedan. But I think the whole thing is SOOO overly complicated -- that's why you aren't getting great response.

I feel it takes too much time -- and there are other choices I would or wouldn't make.

Like, who is this David Davies? Michale Breeze? I don't know these athletes. I guess I missed their stories or maybe NBC didn't telecast them -- so why should I vote for them?

Too many categories, and the choices are very limiting. You are assuming that ALL OF US saw all the choices and from that can make a pick.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

CAF, it's nice to do this to honor Eruedan. But I think the whole thing is SOOO overly complicated -- that's why you aren't getting great response.

I feel it takes too much time -- and there are other choices I would or wouldn't make.

Like, who is this David Davies? Michale Breeze? I don't know these athletes. I guess I missed their stories or maybe NBC didn't telecast them -- so why should I vote for them?

Too many categories, and the choices are very limiting. You are assuming that ALL OF US saw all the choices and from that can make a pick.

mhh - maybe you are right again, baron,

the choices are the nominations, which the people did during the Beijing Olympics (see pinned thread) - in the thread I repeated several times, who or what was nominated - furthermore I announced that there will be time until the 25th August to make further nominations, but nobody made other nominations in that time and therefore I started yesterday the voting round...

Maybe I have started everything wrong, but on the other hand there were no other proposals, how we can do it (except some from roland and beth)

Sorry Roland, sorry Lee,

since there were only our three votes, I think it isn't good to "announce" a winner - this edition of an EMM has failed...

:(

Why don't you so it up again as a poll _ then everyone only has to click on a few buttons rather than type anything. It's not like a fantasy bid contest where there's a risk of "cheating".