Closing Ceremony Live Chat

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even being shown live in Australia

Our great Channel 7 threw in some ad breaks and now behind by a few minutes to real-time

I have one question though!

WHY NO DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!

Not in the opening or closing

thats bad... for the first time TVNZ didnt have ad breaks

Well i better start saving up for my 2012 tickets now...

... only another 1433 days to go!

OK, now I can have a bitchfest

- sound was awful

- first part was a dull sorefest

- london handover was well "underwhelming"

- standard concert at the end. Australia can't critisise after we subjected the world to Vanessa Amorosi, Midnight Oil & John Paul Young

pretty ordinary forgettable night actually

4/10

But I say again WHERE WERE THE CHINESE DRAGONS!!!!!!!!

Well, a pretty decent closing ceremony.

To me, we havent seen a closing ceremony get it as right as Barcelona did.

I think Beijing certainly lacked a couple of things in this closing ceremony, in the same way that sydney and athens lacked a few things.

But overall, a pretty decent opening ceremony, remember, these guys (all Games I guess) have to produce a product pretty much without having any rehersal time in the stadium - unlike the opening.

Sydney's closing ceremony is still the best.

Our handover was always going to be difficult 8 minutes very confined space. but loved the video before the bus. It might not have been the best but at least it livened the chinese up a bit!

OK, now I can have a bitchfest

- sound was awful

- first part was a dull sorefest

- london handover was well "underwhelming"

- standard concert at the end. Australia can't critisise after we subjected the world to Vanessa Amorosi, Midnight Oil & John Paul Young

pretty ordinary forgettable night actually

4/10

But I say again WHERE WERE THE CHINESE DRAGONS!!!!!!!!

I suppose the dragon pillars in the OC counted? It's a real shame that more of Chinese culture and history wasn't shown. Whatevs.

I think in general, the closing ceremonies are a massive after thought. From comments made recently, Dimitris Papaioannou thought his closing was painful, Sydney's was to be honest pretty dam underwhelming (it was just a few floats really with perhaps one or two memorable parts).

All the effort goes into the opening.

The organisers of a closing are dammed if they do dammed if they dont. Produce a full on sweeping show and people will bag em for not letting the athletes take control after 10 minutes, and not put on a show, they say its not impressive enuf.

Seems to be a trend of letting the athletes in alot earlier now, leading to less space for a more impressive affair.

I suppose the dragon pillars in the OC counted? It's a real shame that more of Chinese culture and history wasn't shown. Whatevs.

I was waiting and hanging out in the opening and closing ceremony for a massive Chinese Dragon Dance going around the track with firecrackers etc

200712284417.jpg

I saw one in Hong Kong one night and was fantastic experience

BOCOG let me down :lol: