Closing Ceremony Live Chat

I think there were kind of balloons, which formed teh silhouette of teh Opera House in the handover segment in Atlanta...

That was impressive - but I don't remember what Sydney did further...

All Australians remember the cycling kangaroos (which I didn't mind so much, but seemed to embarass most other Ausies).

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It died for about 15mins during the opening grrrr.

5hrs to go.... i'm preparing my banger and mash, jellied eels and a nice cup of tea for the clsoing ceremony.... We should play cliche bingo for the UK hand over... Red Bus, Bowler Hats, Umbrellas, HOUSE!

I am getting nervous re our handover though!

We're on an upgraded server since the opening ceremonies - it will be much better this time.

Also, there were no "database errors" during the opening ceremonies. It was very slow and at times the application disallowed requests because it had reached capacity (by design) but there were no crashes.

We're on an upgraded server since the opening ceremonies - it will be much better this time.

Also, there were no "database errors" during the opening ceremonies. It was very slow and at times the application disallowed requests because it had reached capacity (by design) but there were no crashes.

Great news thanks GB. fingers crossed

Is anyone else bored?

bit non plussed at the moment but it must get better....

bbc have already said this is a scaled down ceremony compared to the opening ceremony...

i don't think london 2012 contribution to the closing will be subtle!

Well , compare it to the opening ten minutes of past closing ceremonies guys, the start of a closing ceremony isnt normally where the big bang goes.

And nah, there are 7000 performers in this thing, still far more to go.

The music for the last segment was pretty kewl.