Closing Ceremony Live Chat

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are hopeful

I'm expecting database errors within the first five minutes :P

It died for about 15mins during the opening grrrr.

5hrs to go.... i'm preparing my banger and mash, jellied eels and a nice cup of tea for the clsoing ceremony.... We should play cliche bingo for the UK hand over... Red Bus, Bowler Hats, Umbrellas, HOUSE!

I am getting nervous re our handover though!

Fingers Crossed!

Also the handover party in central london is coming along nicely. 40,000 in the mall with a live link up during the closing ceremony. BBC have had a few run ins with the sponsor visa. as visa wanted their logo splattered all over the place and the beeb have put their foot down. Hey and a bonus looks likes it not going to rain!!

I'm heading to Central London to watch there.

I'm quite excited about the Closing Ceremony but I wish the Games were taking place for a little longer - feeling a little empty now! :lol:

Overall they've been fabulous Games.

I'm quite excited about the Closing Ceremony but I wish the Games were taking place for a little longer - feeling a little empty now! :lol:

Have a great day Stu. get some pics taken and pop them on here. it would be great to see the atmosphere in london.

The only good news is now the olympics is winding up i can get my sleep patterns back to normal. no more 5am alarm calls lol

I agree about feeling a little empty!

These games remind me of the stories from Seoul. Technically fine, but controversies and atmosphere are their downfall. In my mind, Sydney is still my perfect games.

The vibe from the UK is that beijing has had a great games, fabulous venues and facilities. but somewhat lacking in the atmosphere when out and about in the city. also there's the vibe of some missed opportunities in the olympic park ie (big screens and showing the other sports). We may not be as "showy with the venues" in 2012 but i think the atmosphere will be even better.

Generally well done beijing for a great games

the beeb are up and running with the warm up acts in the background

Pre-show underway.

Apparently the official site lists it as having the theme of the Fuwa mascots

1). With Fuwa as the main image, the best wishes from Beijing are presented to the audience respectively in peculiar ways.

a. Wishes brought by Beibei (humorous interactive performance)

b. Luck brought by Jingjing (peculiar bicycle trick performance)

c. Happiness brought by Huanhuan (acrobatic plate-spinning performance)

d. Health brought by Yingying (springboard slam-dunk performance)

e. Peace brought by Nini (acrobatic stick-shaking performance)