Team Great Britain Hospitality Thread

Stu

A stupid article, agreed. I'm sure he'll say he was trying to be funny, but went way into ridiculous stakes. Really, I assure you, he doesn't reflect the general atitudes here. The writer probably got in an argument with a Pom at a Beijing bar and wanted to let off steam.

Looks like a great Olympic Games overall result for Great Britain, as London is getting ready to put on their presentation at the closing ceremony. Did I hear correctly that this was the team's best performance ever since London 1908? :o:huh: If that is true, then what a way to do it now, after a century.

A stupid article, agreed. I'm sure he'll say he was trying to be funny, but went way into ridiculous stakes. Really, I assure you, he doesn't reflect the general atitudes here. The writer probably got in an argument with a Pom at a Beijing bar and wanted to let off steam.

We know not all Australians hold these opinion - don't worry. :)

I read this from the Sydney Herald and think it`s way over the top. I think some Australians are very better about Britain defearing Australia in the games medal table.

Sydney Morning Herald article on Britain

OUCH! That was uncalled for.

Hey I came in because I heard you were serving bangers and mash. I've always wanted to try that because I like the name. :P .

Keep up the good work. I'd love to see you smack the Russians to the side!

Hey I came in because I heard you were serving bangers and mash. I've always wanted to try that because I like the name. :P .

Here's some just for you:

Bangers_and_mash_1.jpg

Keep up the good work. I'd love to see you smack the Russians to the side!

The battle with the Russians is now over as they have inevitably pushed us into 4th place.Shame but predictable! At least we managed to hold onto that 3rd spot right up to the last day!! B)

My worry now is holding onto the 4th spot! The Germans now seem to be creeping up on us with a late surge! :huh:

I don't think there are enough events left for Germany to take fourth place from Britain. Tomorrow's finals are mainly team events such as Handball, Basketball, Water Polo and Volleyball, and there's also more Boxing finals. None of which involve Germany (or Britain).

Edited by Stu

Say what happened with Paula Radcliffe and I am not being smart or poking any fun at the UK. i know about her stress fracture she has before the games. I was watching the race , Flicked over to something about halfway through and the announcer for the CBC said she had a problem with her blowls or something having to stop on the course? I feel very bad for the woman as she has won marathons and other events in running but not Olympic gold. I would think she would come back for London but who knows.

Jim jones