Bmx

Sir Rols

Haha goes to show you how much I'm following cycling. Didn't realize Mountain Biking was already there! :lol:

Especially since a Canadian won a medal in Athens :lol:

I wonder how long BMX is going to last at the Olympics. More and more people are doing Mountain biking now rather than BMX. There's a BMX track 2 blocks from where I live and it hardly gets used by BMXers any more. I see more mountain bikes on the track. A bunch of the local ski resorts have mountain bike trails with a lot of technical stuff like ramps and jumps. Even Olympic Park in Calgary has some pretty good mountain bike trails next to the Bobsleigh track.

I think BMX is a little late in getting to the Olympics. I could see Mountain Biking replacing BMX in the near future.

At nearby town of Airdrie, there is a BMX track that is great. In fact, it is where the Cools family spend a lot of their time.

Britain's Shanaze Reade suffered a suspected broken hand as she crashed out in the women's BMX final. French rider Anne-Caroline Chausson, in her final race, won ahead of Laetitia le Corguille with American Jill Kintner taking third.

Very disappointing for Team GBR - Reade was considered one of our best hopes before the Games - happy that France has added to its medal tally though.

Latvia won the mens event ahead of the two Americans.

Britain's Shanaze Reade suffered a suspected broken hand as she crashed out in the women's BMX final. French rider Anne-Caroline Chausson, in her final race, won ahead of Laetitia le Corguille with American Jill Kintner taking third.

Very disappointing for Team GBR - Reade was considered one of our best hopes before the Games - happy that France has added to its medal tally though.

Latvia won the mens event ahead of the two Americans.

yeah feel realy sorry for her - but she suffered from too much hype i think! - still she is only 19 so looks good for 2012! well done france!

yeah feel realy sorry for her - but she suffered from too much hype i think! - still she is only 19 so looks good for 2012! well done france!

Shame,we could have done with that extra gold! :(

Seriously,as she is the world champion,I don't think it was too much hype to hope she would add the Olympic title to her world title.Plus she had the fastest qualifying time.She was virtually neck and neck in the lead with the French rider Chausson and trying to overtake her on the bend when her bike hit the back wall and flung her off.Disappointing for her and for GB's medal hopes but hopefully she will recover quickly from her injuries,learn from her mistakes and be in better form for London 2012!! B)

Edited by Mainad