Bmx

Sir Rols

Well the BMX course and comp is looking cool! A great inclusion for the games. The summer version of the new snowboard cross at the WOGs. I'm all for updating the games with events like these. Go skateboarding.

I love this! It is up there with moguls (or whatever it is called) and snowboarding in the WOG's.

I do not like synchro diving/swimming, rhythmic gymnastics of the "new" sports (sorry Baron) ;)

I wonder how long BMX is going to last at the Olympics. More and more people are doing Mountain biking now rather than BMX. There's a BMX track 2 blocks from where I live and it hardly gets used by BMXers any more. I see more mountain bikes on the track. A bunch of the local ski resorts have mountain bike trails with a lot of technical stuff like ramps and jumps. Even Olympic Park in Calgary has some pretty good mountain bike trails next to the Bobsleigh track.

I think BMX is a little late in getting to the Olympics. I could see Mountain Biking replacing BMX in the near future.

I wonder how long BMX is going to last at the Olympics. More and more people are doing Mountain biking now rather than BMX. There's a BMX track 2 blocks from where I live and it hardly gets used by BMXers any more. I see more mountain bikes on the track. A bunch of the local ski resorts have mountain bike trails with a lot of technical stuff like ramps and jumps. Even Olympic Park in Calgary has some pretty good mountain bike trails next to the Bobsleigh track.

I think BMX is a little late in getting to the Olympics. I could see Mountain Biking replacing BMX in the near future.

The good news is you get both!

Mountain Biking IS at the Olympics. Has been since, I think, Barcelona now. It hasn't proved to be a big TV spectacular, though.

The BMX is like it was invented for TV. Spills, action. Great Olympics fodder.

You could be referring to a different discipline or event, but Mountain Biking is already in the Olympics - since Atlanta 1996.

The good news is you get both!

Mountain Biking IS at the Olympics. Has been since, I think, Barcelona now. It hasn't proved to be a big TV spectacular, though.

The BMX is like it was invented for TV. Spills, action. Great Olympics fodder.

Haha goes to show you how much I'm following cycling. Didn't realize Mountain Biking was already there! :lol: