Sign in to follow this  
michaelb136

3rd & 4th In The Medal Table

Now that GB are up to their 13th gold (sailing - congratulations for that), and with track cycling still up for tonight, I'm prepared to make the call now. I predict Team GB will finish 3rd on the gold table.

Now that GB are up to their 13th gold (sailing - congratulations for that), and with track cycling still up for tonight, I'm prepared to make the call now. I predict Team GB will finish 3rd on the gold table.

Meh - I say the Aussies or GB 3-4. One way or another.

Either way, I am happy. B)

Meh - I say the Aussies or GB 3-4. One way or another.

Either way, I am happy. B)

It's too late - you've already expressed who you'd prefer to be 3rd. :angry:;)

Athletics? Again... I am unsure why you think Russia's strength lies in Athletics? They don't really have that many more chances of Gold in the birds nest... or am I missing something?

Surely their best hops of more golds in the 2nd week come from Synchronize Swimming & Wrestling? But Russia's dominance in the T&F arena is over.

Russia is arguably the strongest nation in the world at field events, so certainly don't write them off to finish strongly. The Russians, i think, will leap frog into 3rd this week (in terms of Golds) with Wrestling, S.Swimming, R.Gymnastics and Field events all to come. Unfortunately Australia's slight disappointment in swimming, shooting and definately cycling will cost us fourth, and possibly 5th. I think we have a good enough buffer over France, Italy and Japan to finish minimum 7th, with Korea dangerous as Taekwondo is yet to start.

Predicted medal tally

China

USA

Russia

GB

Germany

Australia

Korea

Japan

Italy

France

Russia is arguably the strongest nation in the world at field events, so certainly don't write them off to finish strongly. The Russians, i think, will leap frog into 3rd this week (in terms of Golds) with Wrestling, S.Swimming, R.Gymnastics and Field events all to come. Unfortunately Australia's slight disappointment in swimming, shooting and definately cycling will cost us fourth, and possibly 5th. I think we have a good enough buffer over France, Italy and Japan to finish minimum 7th, with Korea dangerous as Taekwondo is yet to start.

Predicted medal tally

China

USA

Russia

GB

Germany

Australia

Korea

Japan

Italy

France

I just saw John Coates now talking about 6th, so you could be right.

Now GB has its 15th Gold of the Games! What a tremendous boost for London 2012. What other prospects has GB got for the rest of the games?

Now GB has its 15th Gold of the Games! What a tremendous boost for London 2012. What other prospects has GB got for the rest of the games?

Christine Ohurougu Athletics Women's 400m

Nick Dempsey - Sailing Men's RS:X

Bryony Shaw - Sailing Women's RS:X

Shanaze Reade - BMX Cycling Women

Phillips Idowu - Athletics Men's Triple Jump

Tim Brabents - Canoe Flatwater Men's K1 1000

Sarah Stevenson - Taekwondo Women's +67kg

David Price - Boxing - Super heavyweight +91kg

There are also several other more hopeful hopes including the remaining Equestrian events, other Boxing medals, the Swimming Marathon, Modern Pentathlon and the Track Relays.

It might seem hard to believe but Britain has also under-performed in some events - Equestrian, Judo and Badminton were among the events where we were expected to do better.

Christine Ohurougu Athletics Women's 400m

Nick Dempsey - Sailing Men's RS:X

Bryony Shaw - Sailing Women's RS:X

Shanaze Reade - BMX Cycling Women

Phillips Idowu - Athletics Men's Triple Jump

Tim Brabents - Canoe Flatwater Men's K1 1000

Sarah Stevenson - Taekwondo Women's +67kg

David Price - Boxing - Super heavyweight +91kg

There are also several other more hopeful hopes including the remaining Equestrian events, other Boxing medals, the Swimming Marathon, Modern Pentathlon and the Track Relays.

Ohoroughu will get silver or bronze.

Dempsey will finish 3rd or 4th

Bryony Shaw won`t get a medal.

Reade will win gold, ja I agree with this.

Idowu will win gold, agree

Tim Brabants will get 1 silver and 1 bronze

Sarah Stevenson, don`t know her.

David Price will get bronze.

Your other events maybe some silvers and bronze.

It might seem hard to believe but Britain has also under-performed in some events - Equestrian, Judo and Badminton were among the events where we were expected to do better.

Germany has underperformed in every sport except equestrian, and even there we haven`t done GREAT. if we get back some form in London 2012 and get new performance directors I think we could get at least 20 golds and go back up where we belong.

I wouldn't write the Russians off. Was just looking at all the qualifying events and Russia seem to have some good medal prospects in many of them.

Ohoroughu will get silver or bronze.

Dempsey will finish 3rd or 4th

Bryony Shaw won`t get a medal.

Reade will win gold, ja I agree with this.

Idowu will win gold, agree

Tim Brabants will get 1 silver and 1 bronze

Sarah Stevenson, don`t know her.

David Price will get bronze.

Your other events maybe some silvers and bronze.

They were medal hopes - not just gold medal hopes - so basically you agree with everything I say! ;)

Germaine Mason has just won a silver medal in the High Jump - that wasn't one of the expected medals.

Edited by Stu

It's GOLD! ;)

Fabulous! That puts us 5 golds clear of Australia etc at the moment... Incidentally, the cat chose just before that race to come sit on my knee. Big mistake as it got catapulted into the air!!!!

Thank goodness my pre-race confidence was justified for once. Timed it to perfection again. Brilliant.

Same thing happened to my laptop - I'm glad a called in sick today! :lol:

Same thing happened to my laptop - I'm glad a called in sick today! :lol:

Are you pulling a Harold Bishop? Naugthy, Naughty Stu if you are! If not, I hope you get better soon. :)

I am chuffed for Christina Ohurugou. Her interview afterwards was so emotional to watch.

Are you pulling a Harold Bishop? Naugthy, Naughty Stu if you are! If not, I hope you get better soon. :)

Harold Bishop?

Harold Bishop?

I was puzzled by that one. Either the guy from Neighbours throws many sickies or maybe it's cockney rhyming slang. I think maybe the Bethnal Green element is coming out in you, Beth.

To be honest, I think I am just showing my age! That was a common term in my younger days, and yes it does refer to Neighbours!!!

Why? What did Harold Bishop do other than annoy Madge?

Is it something to do with his disappearance? I can't think of anything else it might be.

Is it something to do with his disappearance? I can't think of anything else it might be.

He pulled a sickie that's all, and from then on it was known as pulling a Harold Bishop. I guess people have forgotten except me! I wish I had never posted it now!

I don't know. It makes for a bit of light entertainment. Anyway, the best Harold Bishop was the Banzai one when they got him to play knock and run.

Sign in to follow this