Track Cycling

theone

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st round of Men's Sprint Team Completed

Top 8 of 13 fastest teams qualify to next round.

Standings:

1. Great Britain

2. France

3. Germany

4. Netherlands

5. Australia

6. Japan

7. Malaysia

8. USA

Other teams who didn't qualify: China, Russia, Greece, Poland, Czech Republic.

Next round:

GBR vs USA

FRA vs MAS

GER vs JPN

NED vs AUS

Great job, Malaysia!

They've got a lot to live up to. There is massive expectation of a British gold rush from the velodrome and they've had a perfect start today. Super Saturday beckons.

I agree. I don't want people to get carried away! I am so looking forward to this weekend though!

I agree. I don't want people to get carried away! I am so looking forward to this weekend though!

I'm nervous of thinking about this weekend and not just the cycling, I have nerves about sailing, swimming and rowing too. Although I can't wait until it all starts tomorrow at 3am!

I'm nervous of thinking about this weekend and not just the cycling, I have nerves about sailing, swimming and rowing too. Although I can't wait until it all starts tomorrow at 3am!

I know what you mean. However, I don't think I am going to get up in the middle of the night to watc athletics and swimming! I'll watch the rerun in the morning. I'll get up at 6 and will probably not move until late on in the afternoon!

The Keirin has started.

Great job from Malaysia's flag bearer, Azizulhasni Awang! He won the 2nd heat defeating 5 others, including Shane Kelly to proceed to the next round.

4 heats altogether. Top two from each heat qualify automatically. Others have to fight it out in the repechage to see who will qualify next.

Malaysia's other cyclist, Josiah Ng is 3rd in the 3rd heats and goes into the repechage to see if he can go to the next round.

Edited by theone

Great news for Malaysia! Josiah Ng has been promoted to 2nd place in Heat 3 since Roberto Chiappa of Italy has been relegated.

2 Malaysians in top 8! Malaysia Boleh!

Edited by theone

It's going to be an all-British women's final in the individual pursuit. Was the British track team this powerful in Athens?

Not as powerful in 2004 as they are in 2008. Britain finished third behind Australia and Russia in the Cycling medals table in Athens.

Final of the mens individual pursuit are up soon! New Zealand are guaranteed a silver medal! Its going to be tough to get the gold as the British are on fire

Yeah, the British cyclists are smoking the track! They've got 2 in the keirin finals!