Thread Of Shame

Faster

Please to do not take this the wrong way, but what are the possiblities that Michael Phelps is doping or has doped and "escaped"?

I mean, 12,000 calories a day?

and I would really like to see some sort of video of when he was younger. There is a physical factor that can be somewhat of an anomaly.

Please to do not take this the wrong way, but what are the possiblities that Michael Phelps is doping or has doped and "escaped"?

and I would really like to see some sort of video of when he was younger. There is a physical factor that can be somewhat of an anomaly.

Don't know if this is true or not, but I do remember a commentator saying that the top 5 finishers in every Swimming event get automatically tested after the day's session.

A BBC commentator has just said it was one of the most surreal and low-key starts to the woman's marathon in Tiananmen Square as there was no spectators about.

Well, can you really expect loads and loads of people to be at 7:30 in the morning for a Marathon start? And I'm assuming that they're having it this early so that NBC can air it Live.

Well, can you really expect loads and loads of people to be at 7:30 in the morning for a Marathon start? And I'm assuming that they're having it this early so that NBC can air it Live.

I think it has more to do with beating the oppresive heat, humidity and smog that occurs by afternoon. By running it ultra early the temps will still be quite cool by Beijing standards.

Don't know if this is true or not, but I do remember a commentator saying that the top 5 finishers in every Swimming event get automatically tested after the day's session.

Yeah, it's just for NBC.

Phelps takes part in an enhanced dope testing program together with Dara Torres.

Go for it. If he is doped I will be right behind you in condemning it.

Calories per day? Well, you also need to check your country's intake as well before casting stones. His intake is in line with the general nutrition habits of world class athletes.

We also need to check on the underraged athletes in this games as well.

well, I guess that's why we don't have a obesity prob like The US, LA. Maybe, he doped and "escaped".

Well, if this is an example of an obesity problem I want in on the gig! :blink:

6_3_michael_phelps.jpg

Gawd........r u really that slow? that's just my point about doping..... The 12,000 calories and his size just doesn't add up. I know he is large but something just doesn't add up.

Maybe he doped and got it out of his system just in time who knows? maybe he didn't dope.who knows?

Gawd........r u really that slow? that's just my point about doping..... The 12,000 calories and his size just doesn't add up. I know he is large but something just doesn't add up.

Maybe he doped and got it out of his system just in time who knows? maybe he didn't dope.who knows?

Boy your are dim.

Provide me proof instead of speculation. As it is, you look pathetic with your speculation.

I've studied a lot of physical and sports nutrition, and it's really easy to eat more than 10,000 calories and burn it off in a day. It only takes about 25 minutes of medium paced treadmill jogging to burn a about 600 calories and somebody at a young swimmer's age with tone musculature can potentially burn more, being more "efficient".

Add it all together, and it only takes 5 to 7 concentrated hours of semi-rigorous physical activity, or 8 to 10 hours with lighter intensity. It may seem like a lot, and compared to most people it is, but athletes with regular physical therapy and conditioning can do it easily. The science behind human kinetics and sports is fascinating and it is trained physical therapists who make the difference between athletes who are contenders to those who are, more or less, of the tripartite variety. ;)

So you think she hasn't doped and this is all a mistake??

I am the last one to say if she has doped or not. There have been too many greek athletes tested positive tha last year.

Yet this is just too strange. Here is what Halkia said in the Press Conference:

«A view hours before Mr. Kouvelos asked me to meet him and he siad me that i was tested positive. At the start i thought he was joking. I am shocked because the last months and the last 2 years a have been tested more then any one else. My last test was on 1 August. I have no idea whats going on here... I can not believe that there are people who want to hurt me. I will give to the EOF all of the products to be tested. I take part on the pilot programm of WADA and i am 365 days a year on demand there for the IOC.

I got sick of give attention to evry bottle that someone opens for me. I am so sorry that i can run for my country. We have to give a bigger attention on other "parameters" If i show you my documents you will see that i have been tested almost every 3 days. This is the truth this is why i am shocked.

When you take part on this proffesional athletism of extreme performance and there is a business that is called IOC or IAAF, the athlete is powerless to proove anything. I dont know if it is god to say. They have the knife and they have the watermelon*. The document with my code is at the inspector. I dont want to believe that there is matter of sabotage but no one can proove the opossite. I am powerless. There are a thousand thought in my head but i cant proove anything»

* when someone has the power to controll everything

I've studied a lot of physical and sports nutrition, and it's really easy to eat more than 10,000 calories and burn it off in a day. It only takes about 25 minutes of medium paced treadmill jogging to burn a about 600 calories and somebody at a young swimmer's age with tone musculature can potentially burn more, being more "efficient".

Add it all together, and it only takes 5 to 7 concentrated hours of semi-rigorous physical activity, or 8 to 10 hours with lighter intensity. It may seem like a lot, and compared to most people it is, but athletes with regular physical therapy and conditioning can do it easily. The science behind human kinetics and sports is fascinating and it is trained physical therapists who make the difference between athletes who are contenders to those who are, more or less, of the tripartite variety. ;)

Well, your analysis fits in from what my old trainer told me years ago when he told me to inhale 5000 caories per day when I was lifting and doing cardio.

I guess Ruling Czar has never played sports competitively before? It's quite easy to burn energy in strenuous exercise. I can't even how many calories world class triathletes and such eat.

As LA84, said, if Phelps gets a positive test, then he'll get the criticism he deserves. Until then, it's just hearsay.

Another strange story:

Hungarian discus thrower Robert Fazekas, who was stripped of his gold medal at the 2004 Athens Olympics for doping, did competed today as the IOC allowed him to participate in the Beijing 2012 Olympics.

Strange that the IOC is so generous to a prooved doped athlete but thinks that Ekaterini Thanou has no right to participate in Beijing.

True, for right now it is speculation, as it was when Marion Jones stood on the Gold medal podium five times in Sydney and as the US 4x100 meter relay team stood on the gold medal podium with Michael Johnson being very emotional as the Star Spangled banner was being played.

I'm guessing they endured rigorious testing before and after their Gold medal performances. However, it was the human conscience that revealed the truth about the doping.

So the doping tests can be fooled over and over and over again but not, dear friend, the conscience.