Athletics

Sir Rols

You're not going to congratulate him on this run then Olympian?

No, I won't.

I watch athletic events long enough to know that this can't be for real, especially regarding how difficult it was to break the 100 m world record even only by one hundredth through all the years.

Sad to say, but I was rarely so certain that a medal winner was doped.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we'll see.

mhh - I think we should take everybody as drug-free as long as he/she is catched - but I think it is legitimate to challenge such effort - I wonder if he had been checked on a regular basis in the last four years...

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

"I wasn't worried about the world record. I didn't know it until I'd done my victory lap," Bolt told BBC Sport.

I don't know how thats possible.

Obviously by the way he finished the race, he was more concerned of winning the gold than worrying about the world record.

mhh - I think we should take everybody as drug-free as long as he/she is catched - but I think it is legitimate to challenge such effort - I wonder if he had been checked on a regular basis in the last four years...

I understand he's had four blood tests since he's been in China

I understand he's had four blood tests since he's been in China

... but that is not on a regular basis - just a moron would take drugs during Olympic Games, since there are drug test possible "every time" - how often was he checked in the last e.g. four years? (every two months - every three months - every half year - every year?)

No clever athlete would use drugs during championships - the work out phase is much more important - therefore an athlete has to be tested several times a year without any announcement - otherwise is the anti-doping-fight just lip-service....

And every athlete, who isn't tested regularly is more suspicious than an athlete, who is tested regularly...

Is anyone else daring to stay up and support Paula Radcliffe in the Marathon. I don't know why but I get more emotional when she competes, than for any other British athlete. If she wins I think I will faint - how gay does that sound?

BTW....Usain Bolt, i'm still recovering from that race. How is that possible?

Edited by Lee

Is anyone else daring to stay up and support Paula Radcliffe in the Marathon. I don't know why but I get more emotional when she competes, than for any other British athlete. If she wins I think I will faint - how gay does that sound?

I'm not sure what to do- I want Paula Radcliffe to win gold more than anyone else in the British team - but the timing of the event couldn't be worse - I want to see the swimming, rowing, sailing and cycling tomorrow too!

I am pretty sure where I will be in 4 hours time. I don't know why but Paula Radcliffe just seems to encompass everything about British sport for me. I'm getting nervous for her. It is such a shame that she hasn't had the best preparation but I am sure she will give it everything. I suspect this will be her last chance of an Olympic medal.

I am pretty sure where I will be in 4 hours time. I don't know why but Paula Radcliffe just seems to encompass everything about British sport for me. I'm getting nervous for her. It is such a shame that she hasn't had the best preparation but I am sure she will give it everything. I suspect this will be her last chance of an Olympic medal.

mhh - maybe I will stay awake, too - I started to watch Hercule Poirot-DVDs (just watching "The Adv. of the Clapham Cook") and I will do a "Agatha Christie's Poirot-DVD-night" until Olympics start again...

I did hear a Jamaican official the other day saying they felt their athletes were being overly tested, so perhaps they are being 'target tested' like the IOC said some athletes would be.

I understand the cynicism of some posters and I suppose athletics has made a rod for its own back with high profile scandals of the recent past. But, for the sport's sake, let's just pray Bolt is clean. I have no reason, other than cynicism, to suspect otherwise and I'm convinced Michael Johnson's 200 metres world record must go as well.

I'm not sure what to do- I want Paula Radcliffe to win gold more than anyone else in the British team - but the timing of the event couldn't be worse - I want to see the swimming, rowing, sailing and cycling tomorrow too!

I suspect we may need a Michael Phelps-type diet to get through it but I'm ready for the challenge. Come on Paula!

I did hear a Jamaican official the other day saying they felt their athletes were being overly tested, so perhaps they are being 'target tested' like the IOC said some athletes would be.

I understand the cynicism of some posters and I suppose athletics has made a rod for its own back with high profile scandals of the recent past. But, for the sport's sake, let's just pray Bolt is clean. I have no reason, other than cynicism, to suspect otherwise and I'm convinced Michael Johnson's 200 metres world record must go as well.

yeah - it seems that there are "target testings", but such "target testings" during Olympic Games or championships are not effective to prevent doping - like I have already said just a moron would use drugs during a competition...

As long as not every country in the world has a national anti-doping-agency, which tests the athlete regularly several time a year, the anti-doping fight of the IOC isn't able to take seriously...