Athletics

Sir Rols

I don't think anybody disputes Sanya Richards' talent. You don't run under 49 seconds for 400 metres without having massive ability. She has that. But I'm sure she'd swap all those fast times for the world and Olympic titles that she's failed to win. She's still comparatively young and her time may yet come. But the more championships she loses, the harder it will get for her.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anybody disputes Sanya Richards' talent. You don't run under 49 seconds for 400 metres without having massive ability. She has that. But I'm sure she'd swap all those fast times for the world and Olympic titles that she's failed to win. She's still comparatively young and her time may yet come. But the more championships she loses, the harder it will get for her.

I thought it was interesting that Michael Johnson had the feeling she was going to choke before the race. He really doesn't rate her that much. HE should know as a great 400m runner after all. He did say though, didn't he, that she was the fastest on paper etc, but as soon as he knew the lane order, he immediately said that SAnya would go off quick which would be a mistake and would not see Chrstine coming! Class... :)

I could say something about 'great minds' but I won't. But I did say the other day that I thought being drawn inside Richards the other day was a big advantage for Ohuruogu. I've not been as confident about a final as I was about that one.

Anyway, what are we all looking forward to tomorrow?

You've got to think Bolt will win the 200, but what time is he going to do. He hasn't run anywhere near his maximum in the rounds, and I really do believe the world record could be on if he runs the full race.

As for the 400 hurdles, it looks a pretty hard race to read. I just hope Tasha Danvers can do the business and bring home a medal. She's capable of it and her run in the semi-finals was very encouraging.

Yes congratulations Britain for the gold and Australia for the surprise silver medal!

But the moment of the day must go to New Zealand's nick willis after winning new zealand a bronze medal in the mens 1500m! What an amazing achievement!

That was simply stunning - Usain Bolt is incredible. I am still sitting here in disbelief.

There's Usain Bolt and then there is everybody else.He is going to be one of those legendary athletes that will always stick in the memory!! B)

Plus congrats to Tasha Danvers who took the bronze for GB in the women's 400m hurdles!! :)

Edited by Mainad

Just incredible. It is difficult to find appropriate words to describe the sheer scale of what Bolt has achieved today. I remember seeing Michael Johnson run 19.32 in Atlanta and wondering how that could ever be beaten. Well now we've seen it. Awesome.

I just watched a replay of the race. Everybody in the commentary box quite simply exploded when they saw the time. You could hear some of them had been cheering for Bolt all along.

Plus congrats to Tasha Danvers who took the bronze for GB in the women's 400m hurdles!! :)

I've got to say about bloody time. She's promised so much for so long and I'm so pleased it's come right for her at last. And with the lass who beat her in the trials there or thereabouts, the future looks good.

The man is not human

I wonder how long it will be before Bolt gets caught with a dirty urine????????? :lol::(

Edited by RAP