• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Women's 100m

Gold: Jamaica

Silver: Jamaica

Silver: Jamaica

that's right.. not a typo.. 2 silvers and no bronze..

Wow!

Marlene Ottey has never won the Olympic gold but just look at the legacy she left for Jamaican women sprinters...

and what a time! 10.78.. I've not seen such a fast time for quite some time..

I feel sorry for Paula Redcliffe - it is a pitty that she got cramps...

(by the way I was astonished that she speaks very good german - she gave an interview in the German TV after the marathon)

It was always going to be a massive ask for Paula Radcliffe to win a medal, let alone the gold. But to even line up for that race, let alone to complete it when she was so clearly struggling, was a major achievement. Dita has proved that you can win Olympic marathons at 38 years of age. There would be no greater story of London 2012 than for Paula to do the same.

I feel sorry for Paula Redcliffe - it is a pitty that she got cramps...

(by the way I was astonished that she speaks very good german - she gave an interview in the German TV after the marathon)

Some info from her Wikipedia entry for you CAF:

"She attended Sharnbrook Upper School and Community College with Dan Hall (pro footballer) and studied French, German and Economics at Loughborough University, gaining a first-class honours degree in modern European studies"

It was always going to be a massive ask for Paula Radcliffe to win a medal, let alone the gold. But to even line up for that race, let alone to complete it when she was so clearly struggling, was a major achievement. Dita has proved that you can win Olympic marathons at 38 years of age. There would be no greater story of London 2012 than for Paula to do the same.

I guess we'll have to keep our fingers crossed for Paula again and hope that London 2012 will prove to be third time lucky for her!!

Ι feel sorry for Devetzi at the triple jump.

She came so many times 2nd and 3rd, and she could have done it in Beijing, but again a 3rd place. Her 3rd jump could have been a world record, but it was cancelled.

She will now participate at long jump.

newego_LARGE_t_881_1406157.JPG

The key to that final is simple - has Sanya Richards got the bottle for it? We know that Ohuruogu is a proven championship performer. We also know that Richards has buckled under the pressure before now. I'm confident of a British medal and gold certainly isn't out of the question.

Shocking developments.

Liu Xiang, Athens 2004 Olympic Champion in the 110m Hurdles, Beijing 2008 poster-boy, pride and hope of a fifth of humanity... is out. Achilles problem.

See? I never put that much stock in him. And so it's a first disappointment for the Chinese. So they'll have one less medal. Boo hoo.

The BBC says that Liu Xiang been hiding for a few days - I think this injury would have happened before and the pictures of him pulling out on the track were staged to provide a dramatic conclusion.

The BBC says that Liu Xiang been hiding for a few days - I think this injury would have happened before and the pictures of him pulling out on the track were staged to provide a dramatic conclusion.

Would have been easy for him just to pull out and not go to the start line. He gave it a go and I give him all credit for that.

I cannot believe that you people can be so racist! Are these statements being made about the Jamaicans because they are black and because the American were "flushed out"? Doping is a major problem in US sports programs both professional and amature. Does Bolt need more scrutiny than Michael Phelps? If there is any of the thousands of athletes of the Beijing games who should face narrow eye suspicion it is Michael Phelps. However, because he is white and an american, he is not being suspected. I find it strange that his muscle development has been so phenomenally rapid. Jamaica does not have the resources to support any form of doping! It doesn't have the money to pay off the testers and conceal the true findings of urine samples as the americans are able to do. It doesn't even have the clout in IOC circles to pull off something like that. So the question of doping by Jamaican athletes is absurd to say the least.

Let me just say this also, if the Olympics were awarded to countries based on their committment to the ideals of sport and clean participation,The African Continent, surprisingly, would host the most Olympics and America would still be waiting for a summer games.

They are of course, warren, dropping like flies because their systems must get use to athletic stress without enhancers. I mean, is that so hard to figure out?

I am a patriotic american but I am patriotic first and foremost to me and my integrity and I will not support cheating in any form. I'm an Old Glory American - standing up for what is right!