Sailing

Why 'robbed'? I don't think any crew about to win an Olympic gold medal would deliberately go and break their own mast.

According with what I have read, nobody in the race knew that the Croatian boat was in fact the Danish one, the strategies would have been changed for all participants if they would have known it. Besides, i think that this fact goes against the rules, the own federation has asked for a penalization too.

It is just crazy.

Edited by skicross

So what would you have the Danish crew do? As I understood it, they borrowed the boat. The use of the word 'borrowed' in the coverage I have seen implies quite clearly that the Danish crew sought permission for this and were granted it. You can't say yes one day and change your mind the next.

Its the RSX medal races today and New Zealand's Tom Ashley is currently in second equal and has an excellent chance of a medal! Fingers crossed for new zealands first sailing medal since 2000 and possibly our first gold since 1992!

well havent posted in a while but i just had to cause i cant believe how well the nz team is doing in beijing.

Tom Ashley has just taken out the men's windsurfing olympic title. 3rd gold for nz, 9th overall.

So far, our best result in 20 years and we still have the BMX and kayak finals to come!

well havent posted in a while but i just had to cause i cant believe how well the nz team is doing in beijing.

Tom Ashley has just taken out the men's windsurfing olympic title. 3rd gold for nz, 9th overall.

So far, our best result in 20 years and we still have the BMX and kayak finals to come!

Isnt it amazing! Bloody great to be a kiwi!