Opening Ceremonies

Bob

is there any reports from other games where things are faked in the ceremonies?

Last I recall was Torino....the girl singing the national anthem lip synched it, the other performances were also lip synched including Luciano Pavoratti's as the air was too cold for his vocal cords, and then there's that male European pop singer that everyone thinks is gay and i've momentarily forgotten his name.

Plus the opening flag presentation from Lillehammer's Opening Ceremony.

Numerous other performances I imagine were lipsynched - Tina Arena's from Sydney certainly appeared that way, I would not be at all surprised if the mojority were.

Infact, I even remember that the possibility was floated that the performance of Call of the Champions in Salt Lake could be, because cold weather could play havoc to the tuning of the instruments in the cold.

Plus the opening flag presentation from Lillehammer's Opening Ceremony.

Numerous other performances I imagine were lipsynched - Tina Arena's from Sydney certainly appeared that way, I would not be at all surprised if the mojority were.

Infact, I even remember that the possibility was floated that the performance of Call of the Champions in Salt Lake could be, because cold weather could play havoc to the tuning of the instruments in the cold.

I know for sure that Savage Garden's performance at the Sydney closing was lip synched.

Last I recall was Torino....the girl singing the national anthem lip synched it, the other performances were also lip synched including Luciano Pavoratti's as the air was too cold for his vocal cords, and then there's that male European pop singer that everyone thinks is gay and i've momentarily forgotten his name.

Ricky Martin. Though he slipped up and made a mistake that made everyone caught :P