Team Australia Thread

Sir Rols

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow _ the pole vault was unxpected. I didn't even bother staying up to watch that _ only found out this morning.

If you had stayed up, you would have had to stay up an extra 45 minutes because once again in their great wisdom Channel 7 did not show it live and was on delay (so event finished well after 1am on TV) and also had ad break after ad break

Channel 7 has destroyed the Beijing Olympic experience with their pathetic coverage

Australia grabs another Gold Medal thanks to Ken Wallace in the K-1 500m, Wallace managed to pull through from behind the leader, van Koeverden in the last stages of the race and win it! :lol:

Still can't wait for the Women's Basketball final between our women and the Americans. Should be excellent!!! Fingerscrossed that our men's Hockey team can at least manage to get the Bronze.......

If you had stayed up, you would have had to stay up an extra 45 minutes because once again in their great wisdom Channel 7 did not show it live and was on delay (so event finished well after 1am on TV) and also had ad break after ad break

Channel 7 has destroyed the Beijing Olympic experience with their pathetic coverage

Then they try to make up for it by playing over ... and over ... and over ... again.

OMG, they're just starting to replay i again as I type _ jump by bleeding jump.

Almost missed the end of the K1 final there _ I was watering the garden when it started. But got in in time to see that last minute surge over the Canuk. You beady Aussie!

I'm officially ecstatic now. 13 Gold (the same as Melbourne 56). That's always my yardstick. Anything else now is gravy!

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! OI OI OI!

53627407wl0.jpg

WOOT! Congrats!

Now where are those shrimp I came in here for?????

Aussies - what the hell is going on here? You are supposed to beat the US in several swimming competitions? I thought it was understood that Aussies always took swimming medals and the US T&F medals.

The stars are no aligned in these Olympics! :blink:

Just about to get the celebration barbie fired up now. Here, have a glass of Margaret River red while the coals heat up!

Actually, we had our best swimming meet EVER in Beijing in terms of total medals. In terms of gold, it was only one behind Sydney and two behind Athens. A few narrow calls between gold and silver but, hey, these are the Olympics. The dice fell as they always do, USA first, Australia second, and then daylight. If anything, swimming held up its promise for us, and the team is looking strong and has lots of depth in it to continue on for the next games or two. I certainly not unhappy with our swimmers.

And overall, as it looks now, we had a great games after all. I got a bit nervous after we seemed to sit on 11 golds all the second week, but a rush at the end really puts the icing on the cake. 14 golds is our third best ever gold haul after Athens (which really was a major success and unexpected) and Sydney (a homegames). Basically it was our second best offshore games. The only real difference between Athens and Beijing for us was the cycling _ six gold in Athens, none in Beijing. Looks like we have to pull our socks up if we want to prevent the Brits streaking ahead on the velodrome in 2012.

I said before the games opened I'd be happy if we got double figures gold, ecstatic if we got 13 (our Melbourne 1956 standard) so to finish with 14 is fantastic!

And congrats Matthew Mitcham _ the only OPENLY gay male athlete at Beijing. And he brings home Gold. Good onya mate!

I'm really, really happy and ready to celebrate. Do you liked your prawns (shrimp) peeled or unpeeled?

Just about to get the celebration barbie fired up now. Here, have a glass of Margaret River red while the coals heat up!

Actually, we had our best swimming meet EVER in Beijing in terms of total medals. In terms of gold, it was only one behind Sydney and two behind Athens. A few narrow calls between gold and silver but, hey, these are the Olympics. The dice fell as they always do, USA first, Australia second, and then daylight. If anything, swimming held up its promise for us, and the team is looking strong and has lots of depth in it to continue on for the next games or two. I certainly not unhappy with our swimmers.

And overall, as it looks now, we had a great games after all. I got a bit nervous after we seemed to sit on 11 golds all the second week, but a rush at the end really puts the icing on the cake. 14 golds is our third best ever gold haul after Athens (which really was a major success and unexpected) and Sydney (a homegames). Basically it was our second best offshore games. The only real difference between Athens and Beijing for us was the cycling _ six gold in Athens, none in Beijing. Looks like we have to pull our socks up if we want to prevent the Brits streaking ahead on the velodrome in 2012.

I said before the games opened I'd be happy if we got double figures gold, ecstatic if we got 13 (our Melbourne 1956 standard) so to finish with 14 is fantastic!

And congrats Matthew Mitcham _ the only OPENLY gay male athlete at Beijing. And he brings home Gold. Good onya mate!

I'm really, really happy and ready to celebrate. Do you liked your prawns (shrimp) peeled or unpeeled?

I prefer mine peeled, thanks. And the smaller prawns - the bigger ones freak me out!

Perhaps my earlier post didn't post correctly. You see, I see Australia and us essentially being the same except for the unfortunate habit we seem to have of getting involved in or starting wars. :blink: And bossing people about *sigh*

So I am your biggest fan. Your post put things in perspective - especially with the Melbourne analogy. So congrats!

Extremely likable. He's built a huge gay following practically overnight.

thanks for spoiling the outcome via your sig before it aired.

i see you're still as thoughtless and idiotic as the day you registered here.

thanks for spoiling the outcome via your sig before it aired.

Not my fault your network shows it 14 hours after it happened, while the rest of the world watches it live. ;)

i see you're still as thoughtless and idiotic as the day you registered here.

Whatever you say krow. :lol: