The German Team At The Beijing Olympics

The German team has won a silver and a bronze medal so far - it is strange I have the feeling that Germany always needs some time to get the first Olympic champion...

In German we have the phrase: "I hope the knot bursts soon" (which doesn't really work in English), but it means that something isn't really working and suddenly the problem has dissappeared and everything is running smoothly...

Maybe you can say it this way in english: the first gold medal is the most difficult one...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see Germany back where they belong near the top of the medals table - although it was interesting seeing the Germans here worrying that their first gold would never come - being British we're used to that feeling. ;)

Glad to see Germany back where they belong near the top of the medals table - although it was interesting seeing the Germans here worrying that their first gold would never come - being British we're used to that feeling. ;)

Talk to me about it...

Anyway, it was a great finish to the eventing competition. In any case, not bad for a dentist ^^.

What the hell is going on with German rowing, I am not even German and I am applauded by the results. I have only seen 1 or 2 German boats perform well and their men's and women's flagships have sunk. How can the Germans be performing so badly at their sport?

What the hell is going on with German rowing, I am not even German and I am applauded by the results. I have only seen 1 or 2 German boats perform well and their men's and women's flagships have sunk. How can the Germans be performing so badly at their sport?

The 8 was a big disaster - and there is a huge discussion in Germany about that right now - there had been big quarrels in thr German rowing association this year and the coach for the 8th was exchanged - the new coach changed all men in the boat and they hadn't have enough experience...

Hallo S.

ich habe Dir gerade eine PM geschickt, aber Deine mailbox ist voll - wie gehts Dir? Hast Du vorlesungsfreie Zeit? Geniesst Du "Peking"?

lg

M.

Glad to see another German here on GamesBids!!! What do you think about the German team so far?

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

Can I have some help here? I need the name of the German diver who competed yesterday who had a tattoo on his shoulder. He was hot and deserves to be on the hot bod thread.

I think you mean Sascha Klein? He has been posted in that thread by "Sir Roltel", he has the tattoo. His diving partner was Pavlo Rozenberg, but I don`t think you mean him.

sascha_medium.jpg

I don`t think hes so good looking, I like the British diver more, benjamin Swain.

WHWGED128964052008.P02.jpg

Hallo S.

ich habe Dir gerade eine PM geschickt, aber Deine mailbox ist voll - wie gehts Dir? Hast Du vorlesungsfreie Zeit? Geniesst Du "Peking"?

lg

M.

Glad to see another German here on GamesBids!!! What do you think about the German team so far?

hey Martin. Yes on study leave so i`m back home until end of this month and it`s great to watch the Olympics. So far I think we have done well. I saw that somepeople say that the equestrian shouldn`t be an Olympic sport, IM GLAD it is, because we did great there. Hope to see more medals in the kayaking and also in Field Athletics. Of course my favourite olympian is Dittmer so i hope he doesn`t disappoint :P

In the swimming pool i can`t come to like this Michael Phelps, he seems very impersonal?!?! nothing excites me when i see him race other than to expect a fast swim. France has done so great in the swimming, but we don`t have a great team there in Peking so mmm I don`t know.

My mailbox was full, but i cleared it now. ill write you a note, probably in german and not in Englissssssssh (for the purpose of posting here I have said this in what others might understand).

I want us to beat Russia more than any other European country!!!

Speaking of whom, is it time now to bring up their performance? There's early signs they could be the one to slump here. Okay, I know we were all saying the same things about Russia at about this time in Athens, but it does seem to me that they'd surely be well behind where they'd traditionally be at this stage of an Olympics. They haven't been picking up the medal numbers in gymnastics, the pool or things like weightlifting they'd usually get.