Tv-coverage Of The Beijing Olympics In Germany

I am very glad that the public channels have the TV-rights for Olympic Games in Germany - therewith we have a liver coverage without any commercials inbetween.

180px-Das_Erste-Logo.svg.png130px-ZDF.svg.png

The two public channels ARD (1st channel) and ZDF (2nd channel) rotate in the TV-coverage - one day ARD the next day ZDF shows Beijing - the coverage starts appr. at 02:00 am and ends appr. 06:00 p.m..

160px-Plus-1-Logo.svg.png180px-Festival_Logo_2008.svg.png

250px-ZDF-DokuKanal-Logo.svg.png250px-ZDF-InfoKanal-Logo.svg.png

At the same time Eins Plus, Eins Festival (two digital channels of ARD) and ZDFdoku, ZDFinfo (two digital channels of ZDF) are showing Beijing, too - focusing on team sports and sports, which were not shown simultanously on ARD and ZDF.

200px-Eurosport-Logo.svg.png

Since Germany is in Europe we have the great luck that we can watch an European Sport Channel "Eurosport", which was founded by the Eurovision members. The TV-coverage of Eurosport starts appr. 04:00 a.m. and ends appr. 06:30 p.m.

Therewith you have sometimes the opportunity to choose between four different sports which were shown at the moment...

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

After one week "Beijing Olympics" I have to say that I am a little bit annoyed about the ARD...

Since Beijing is ahead in time the competitions have finished when I come home from the office and I would like to watch the highlights of the day on TV...

The ZDF (the other public channel) starts with its highlight program at 08:15 p.m. - the ARD starts with its highlight program at 05:40 p.m. that is much too early....