Swimming

Sounded from what the BBC boys were saying that Meeuw had put in his best before the Games, as he did before last year's world championships.

I'd like to say I've seen the swimming finals but I haven't. Thanks to this blooming morning scheduling, they're on in the middle of the night for us. Thank you so much NBC.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounded from what the BBC boys were saying that Meeuw had put in his best before the Games, as he did before last year's world championships.

I'd like to say I've seen the swimming finals but I haven't. Thanks to this blooming morning scheduling, they're on in the middle of the night for us. Thank you so much NBC.

Well, it might actually be worth getting up about 4 in the morning tomorrow. Rebecca Adlington and Jo Jackson are going in the 400 m freestyle. Both came second in their heats! We are in a good shout for a medal and the 400 isn't even Rebecca's best event. We've still got the 800 to go!

It might well be. Given I didn't get up for Hannah Miley's final and she was sixth, I'm hoping getting up will do the job tonight. Must get myself properly onto Beijing time as best as I can, given my need to still function during the day.

It might well be. Given I didn't get up for Hannah Miley's final and she was sixth, I'm hoping getting up will do the job tonight. Must get myself properly onto Beijing time as best as I can, given my need to still function during the day.

I know that feeling. I still have to work this week, but am having the next week off to watch the games. I'm getting up for the final of the 400 m tomorrow, but will probably just get up and take in the highlights the rest of this week!

400M Freestule Women's

Gold: Adlington, Great Britain

Silver: Hoff, USA

Bronze: Jackson, Great Britain

Awesome, just awesome. First British swimming gold since 1988. First medal by a female British swimmer since 1984. First gold for a female British swimmer since 1960. That is how historic what we have seen this morning is. I watched it. I'm absolutely buzzing right now. Further sleep is impossible. And Adlington's best event is still to come.

How hacked off must Katie Hoff be, though?

Awesome, just awesome. First British swimming gold since 1988. First medal by a female British swimmer since 1984. First gold for a female British swimmer since 1960. That is how historic what we have seen this morning is. I watched it. I'm absolutely buzzing right now. Further sleep is impossible. And Adlington's best event is still to come.

How hacked off must Katie Hoff be, though?

Yeah - that is the kind of Olympic Games, when something "unexptectable" happens! It was great to see the joy and surprise her face after the race...