Cycling Road Race

jajajaja,funny.more than 22 medals (Barcelona 92) is our objective...

I think it will be difficult to get more than 22 medals outside Europe. Maybe 20 medal (including 6 gold).

Anyone notice how thick the smog's looking during the women's road race. I sure wouldn't want to be breathing that in competition!

Also, there's been negative comments by some of our cyclists on the amosphere on the course yesterday _ said they were disappointed that people were only allowed to line some parts of the course,and that mostly it was like riding through an empty, silent, sterile track. And it seems the organisers have still kept up the restrictions on the track for the women today. I suppose it's all a part of security (especially after that idiot Irish monk during Athens' marathon), but one of the great things about these long, public events is that it gives everyone in the public a chance to see a Olympic event asily for free! And helps the atmosphere when it it lined by cheering people all along.

Also, there's been negative comments by some of our cyclists on the amosphere on the course yesterday _ said they were disappointed that people were only allowed to line some parts of the course,and that mostly it was like riding through an empty, silent, sterile track. And it seems the organisers have still kept up the restrictions on the track for the women today. I suppose it's all a part of security (especially after that idiot Irish monk during Athens' marathon), but one of the great things about these long, public events is that it gives everyone in the public a chance to see a Olympic event asily for free! And helps the atmosphere when it it lined by cheering people all along.

Yeah - I recognised that too - there is a second "barriers" at some places, where the audience is kept away from the course - that is really a pitty....

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

And its a real pity because otherwise it's such a beautiful route.

:unsure: Yeah but the ariel shots pretty much showed mountanous terrain and not alot of places to stand along the way...It looked like they were on a newish major arterial road with not alot of standing places anyway...

Also that spectre of the marathon in Athens 04 must be in the back of Beijing as well as the IOC's mind. :(

:unsure: Yeah but the ariel shots pretty much showed mountanous terrain and not alot of places to stand along the way...It looked like they were on a newish major arterial road with not alot of standing places anyway...

Also that spectre of the marathon in Athens 04 must be in the back of Beijing as well as the IOC's mind. :(

Still, I'm sure the People's Liberation Army has enough manpower to cover the course adequately.

Well - I think it is really a pitty - the time that the peleton is passing is very short - the farer you are away from the course the smaller is the chance to see really something - I wonder how the people behind the second barrier on the Tiananmen Square could see the peleton passing by - and therewith I wonder if they are cheering the whole time of the race...