Equestrian Results

Canadians need to work on their ability to deal with pressure! Anyway, looking forward, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Its not like we finished last whit 200 faults there. Considering we had a rider that had to withdraw and that we only committed eight faults all day (four in round two and four in the jump-off) I fail to see how our ability to deal whit pressure cost us the gold...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not like we finished last whit 200 faults there. Considering we had a rider that had to withdraw and that we only committed eight faults all day (four in round two and four in the jump-off) I fail to see how our ability to deal whit pressure cost us the gold...

He was obviously gloating since the USA won the gold. Look at what he wrote in CAPS. He just wants to shove it in our faces that we lost and came 2nd. But you know what, we weren't one of the favourites to medal in this event and we came out of it with a Silver. I think that's pretty damn good if you ask me since it's a surprise medal for Canada.

He was obviously gloating since the USA won the gold. Look at what he wrote in CAPS. He just wants to shove it in our faces that we lost and came 2nd. But you know what, we weren't one of the favourites to medal in this event and we came out of it with a Silver. I think that's pretty damn good if you ask me since it's a surprise medal for Canada.

We were expected to medal.

Pay him no mind - he is an equal opportunity offender.

Team Jumping, final results:

Gold: United States

Silver: Canada

Bronze: Norway

Well, this is Canada's first equestrian Olympic medal, since Montreal 1976. Talk about a long time to get another one.

Results for the last Equestrian event, the individual show jumping:

Gold: Eric Lamaze on Hickstead (Canada)

Silver: Rolf-Göran Bengtsson on Ninja (Sweden)

Bronze: Beezie Madden on Authentic (United States)

Also, the Norwegian show jumping team will probably lose its bronze medal to Switzerland due to a doping violation from Tony Andre Hansen.

• 4 months later...

In other news everybody expected to hear, Tony Andre Hansen has officially been disqualified for a doping infraction committed during the 2008 Summer Olympic Games (the same thing happened to defending individual Show Jumping Olympic champion, Brazil's Rodrigo Pessoa). This is especially significant since Hansen's disqualification brings Norway's Show Jumping team all the way from third place to tenth place. Switzerland gains Norway's medal, while Germany and the Netherlands both move to forth place, four penalties back of Switzerland.

(Ya, its the same post from the other tread, but it belongs equally in both)