Equestrian Results

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really fear this medal decision. I still remember 2004 too well and i still think there has been done great injustice to Bettina Hoy and the German team. But it looks better this time. The Britons will win a medal, the US is too far behind and the French are already out.

I hope Germany will stay at top, but Australia has the bigger experience in this situation.

Whoever got the wrong end of that decision was always going to feel hard done by. Water under the bridge now and it's for the Germans to win, or to lose, again. It looks to be pretty close so I really would not count the British out of the shake-up.

Snap, CAF. I am thinking of this as my suffering to make up for the joys to come in four years' time.

I have already fill in the period 27th July - 12th August 2012 as holidays in the calender...

I will go to London in 2012 - London is just 1 1/2 hours away from Hamburg by plane.

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

I couldn't watch it live either -- but what a wonderful result and what a wonderful day for the German Olympic team in general! I hope that this "Golden Tuesday" will lead also the athletes in other disciplines to lose their nervousness and to deliver what they're really up to.

The most wonderful story, of course, is the triumphant comeback of the German eventing team after its extremely frustrating experiences in Athens. This is really the stuff of which Olympic fairy tales are made!

Congratulations to Hinrich Romeike, Ingrid Klimke, Andreas Dibowski, Frank Ostholt and Peter Thomsen!

The first of two rounds in Team Show Jumping is completed. Here are the results so far:

=1. Switzerland, 12 faults

=1. United States of America, 12 faults

3. Sweden, 13 faults

=4. Canada, 16 faults

=4. Great Britain, 16 faults

=6. Netherlands, 17 faults

=6. Norway, 17 faults

=8. Australia, 20 faults

=8. Germany, 20 faults

10. Brazil, 25 faults

11. Mexico, 26 faults

12. Ukraine, 34 faults

13. Saudi Arabia, 38 faults

14. New Zealand, 45 faults

15. Hong Kong, 59 faults

16. China, 99 faults

I have already fill in the period 27th July - 12th August 2012 as holidays in the calender...

I will go to London in 2012 - London is just 1 1/2 hours away from Hamburg by plane.

and you will be most welcome!

myself am torn between being a volunteer or being a spectator!

:blink: Whooaa? Couldn't they at least have kept it to 88 faults? I'm sure the Politburo will have something to say about that!!

yes I agree that they must have been after 88 faults rather than 99.... Just to be lucky

I can't imagine the pressure there will be in that jump-off...

Now the question for Canada: Ian Miller or Erik Lamaze?

All of them go in the jump-off according to the CBC commentators. I also have to say its great that CBC put the equestrian on the main network.

lets just hope Eric doesn't test positive for cocaine again.

Edited by Faster

Aren't all the team members participating?

I believed there was only one rider competing. Guess I was wrong.

Huge advantage for the Americans that they can drop a score, thought. Oh well, the Canadian team is on fire today!