Gb Opening Ceremony Live Chat

And Australia on almost next to bloody last 202!

At least it'll be all back to normal in 2012 and back near the front were you deserve to be!

I'm not sure if I agree... the scroll-theme is like telling the history of Chinese civilization from ancient to modern world.... you'd see how each segment leaves a mark on the scroll (now the athelete' turn to leave their footprint). This scroll would turn to the big torch.... i am not sure about if the commenter in your country made reference to the officiel media script about what each segment means, but from the TV station that I saw... each segment made a lot of sense, and really captured the key essence of the chinese civilization like the 4 great inventions, arts and culture.

It made perfect sense WITH the commentator, but were I in the stadium, I'd have probably been confused.

The scroll element did play a roll in each segment, you're right, but I would've liked it more if there had been a more human link between each of the segments. I have a difficult time caring about these wonderful inventions if they're just objects that are presented. There needed to be some more context to it, something to grab me and make me care about what I was seeing.

As I said, it was all presented extremely beautifully, but it just didn't rope me in as I had hoped.

Favourite Unifrom goes to = Netherlands, Worse goes to = Estonia!