On The Eve Of The Games

Well, it's is the night before the opening ceremony here in the Eastern US, Friday morning in Beijing, and I just wanted to wish all my fellow GamesBidders a very enjoyable Games. This is what a lot of us seem to live for and even though the buildup to Beijing has been cluttered with issues that cannot and should not be swept under the carpet and ignored during the course of the Games (they will be brought up, constantly, lets face it politics in the Olympic Games is a reality, like it or not). Nevertheless, the Games are here and they should be memorable on many fronts.

For those who are in Beijing, I hope you have a very inspiring experience, especially if this is your first Games in person. I think one needs to attend at least one Olympic Games to truly understand the magnitude and the scope of the event and appreciate what it is truly about. I hope you have a safe and enjoyable time and I look forward to reading about your experiences.

For those of us consigned to the TV or internet, I hope we are able to get a true feel for the event regardless of distance.

This is one of the truly great spectacles in sport and even though the Olympics sometimes fall short of its lofty ideals, it is still a magical gathering of peoples united in one of our few social common denominators, sport. It's time for the Games, let the wonderful moments begin.

Well, I'm back, showered, rested, unpacked and about to rest some more before getting set to indulge in my four-yearly orgy of everything Olympic. Really looking forward to sharing the coming games with everyone here at GamesBids. Have a great games everyone!

olympics08_opening.gif

Google "goes" Opening Ceremony today

I can't wait anymore - I took a day off of work today since I couldn't see it live otherwise - in the next 4 hours I will receive my new TV-set - in 7 hours the OC will start - therefore it is an exciting day today

@ roltel

I hope your family is fine and everbody enjoyed your Sverige-vacation - please send my regards to G. and your sister!

olympics08_opening.gif

Google "goes" Opening Ceremony today

I can't wait anymore - I took a day off of work today since I couldn't see it live otherwise - in the next 4 hours I will receive my new TV-set - in 7 hours the OC will start - therefore it is an exciting day today

@ roltel

I hope your family is fine and everbody enjoyed your Sverige-vacation - please send my regards to G. and your sister!

I'm hoping we'll have a "live" thread going during the ceremonies. I'm now set up with a wireless network and can have my laptop at the ready as I watch the OC in full HD on my plasma. I'm really geared up for the full Olympic media experience over thenext two weeks.