Sign in to follow this  
Infinite_Olympics

Nbcolympics Online Coverage Limitations!

I woke up early to enjoy the start of the Games through the online coverage offered by NBCOlympics.com only to get a message that only subscribers to certain cable systems can watch the online coverage! I have a quirky rural provider known as Troy Cablevision, which in the past has not shown the TV coverage offered by CNBC, MSNBC, and Bravo. And, now, the site having given NO indication that a certain provider was required, I get this message and now for the next 24 hours, I can't watch any video on NBCOlympics.com because I've been "disabled!" :blink: Crazy stuff...

On a side note, my provider recently added Universal HD. Fingers crossed that I'll at least get that.

Jeez...

Seriously??!! I'm sorry to hear that. Well some good news. Having Universal HD is just like having MSNBC/CNBC. Universal HD will simulcast what they are airing & their coverage will never run into each other. So essentially Universal HD will be (on most days0

CNBC 12am-4am

MSNBC 5am-5pm

CNBC 6pm-8pm

& when not airing what those networks are airing, it's airing Olympics replays.

Seriously??!! I'm sorry to hear that. Well some good news. Having Universal HD is just like having MSNBC/CNBC. Universal HD will simulcast what they are airing & their coverage will never run into each other. So essentially Universal HD will be (on most days0

CNBC 12am-4am

MSNBC 5am-5pm

CNBC 6pm-8pm

& when not airing what those networks are airing, it's airing Olympics replays.

Thanks for the information. That's why I'm hoping that Troy Cable actually shows the Olympic coverage on Universal HD. In the past, during CNBC's or MSNBC's scheduled Olympic coverage (we do get both stations), they showed CNBC World and old stuffy documentaries respectively. So...in about 1 1/2 hours I'll find out if I get UHD's coverage, as previous e-mails to Troy Cable about their planned online coverage have gone unanswered.

Thanks for the information. That's why I'm hoping that Troy Cable actually shows the Olympic coverage on Universal HD. In the past, during CNBC's or MSNBC's scheduled Olympic coverage (we do get both stations), they showed CNBC World and old stuffy documentaries respectively. So...in about 1 1/2 hours I'll find out if I get UHD's coverage, as previous e-mails to Troy Cable about their planned online coverage have gone unanswered.

I have Universal HD's coverage! :D

It said I was unable to watch because I have Cablevision (not the same cablevision as you) so I lied and said I had Time Warner. and it worked!

Sign in to follow this