The nominations so far:

Olympic Spirit

• Lone British weightlifter Michaela Breeze gritted her way through the pain barrier Tuesday as she completed her Olympic campaign in Beijing despite an injury incurred during an early lift that appeared to have dashed her hopes.
  • The people and volunters of Beijing

GamesBidders' most memorable or "best" moment of the games

• The countdown and drumming segment of the opening
  • The Flying Cauldron Lighter
  • The "human brushes" dancing and drawing as the scroll opens.
  • The Chinese crown give a warm welcome to the athletes for Chinese Taipei despite the politics.

Best post by a GamesBidder during the games

• Pyrros's summing up and verdict less than a quarter through the ceremony

The "Sexiest" Athlete of the Game

• female nominations out of the "Hot Bods of the Games" thread
  • male nominations out of the "Hot Bods of the Games" thread

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

GamesBidders' most memorable or "best" moment of the games:

Can I nominate two??

* Usain Bolt's 100m victory - debate all you like whether he was clean (I'd rather give him the benifit of the doubt), but you can't say this wasn't an incredibly memorable moment.

* Rebecca Adlington winning two golds in the pool!

So, are you going to set up a load of polls after the Games which include all our nominations and set an end date of when we can stop voting? Is that the CAF plan of action??

So, are you going to set up a load of polls after the Games which include all our nominations and set an end date of when we can stop voting? Is that the CAF plan of action??

... after the Beijing Olympics are closed there will be a time for nominations with a closing date - afterwards there will be "voting-rounds" for every single category - these voting rounds will go simultanously...

I haven't made my mind about the voting yet - does anybody have an idea?

I have to nominate David Davies for the Olympic spirit category.

I watched the 10K open water swim live. I am amazed how anybody can swim for that long at such an incredibly speed.

The poor guy collapsed after finishing and despite leading the whole way he missed out on the gold medal by becoming disorientated at the finish.

As Clare Balding said, "I dont think that there is any Olympic medal that has been harder earned"

Congratulations also to the Dutch guy who won. Apparently he has just overcome cancer. Incredible.

For the GB'ers best line I have to nominate the incorporable Krow.

Who, with his response in the "Dumb Sports" category during a discussion of new dumb sports to be added, came up with this gem that is the only internet posting that has ever made me spit out my beverage in laughter.

"how about complaining? think of the heated france / canada final." :lol: :lol: :lol:

I second the Krow nomination! Great.

In the spirit of competition, I'll also nominate for the best post category one from a newbie/one-time-only poster(s). Jeff and Paul's Aussie concession speech:

Jeff Wortman & Paul Hogan

To the good people of Great Britain,

We concede. You have made a mockery of our Olympic Team. Our woeful performances are only exceeded the number of smelly backpackers that we export to your capital.

It is now clear that the Aussie medal tally cannot surpass that of team GB. It has been a privilege and a gift to compete along side you for the past fortnight.

We formally apologise for gloating in relation to Sydney, Athens and Kylie’s UK success with ‘The Locomotion’. Now with the benefit of hindsight we acknowledge that Pete Doherty, David Beckham and Hugh Grant are all sexier than Harold Bishop… but at least Harold doesn’t do drugs, sleep with your Nanny or commandeer prostitutes.

We declare that from this moment on, we relinquish the right to refer to Englishmen as poms, poms as whingers, and Gordon Brown as a wanker … unless you tell us that it’s okay.

Our failed Olympians have made us realise that Delta Goodrem is a Leona Lewis wannabe, Jason Donavon is a poor man’s Ross Kemp and the property values in Ramsey Street are much lower than Coronation.

We would also like to take the opportunity to withdraw our athletes from London.

As much as we would take great pleasure in watching you win even more Gold medals, we will be busy hosting a year long celebration marking the 24th Anniversary of Home & Away.

We wait with bated breath and look forward to the 2016 games… providing they’re not in Manchester.

Click below to watch our concession statement video:

watch our Concession statement video here.

Edited by Sir Roltel

The nominations for the first Eruedan memoiral medal are so far

Olympic Spirit

• Lone British weightlifter Michaela Breeze gritted her way through the pain barrier Tuesday as she completed her Olympic campaign in Beijing despite an injury incurred during an early lift that appeared to have dashed her hopes.
  • The people and volunters of Beijing
  • David Davies, the poor guy collapsed after finishing and despite leading the whole way he missed out on the gold medal by becoming disorientated at the finish.

GamesBidders' most memorable or "best" moment of the games

• The countdown and drumming segment of the opening
  • The Flying Cauldron Lighter
  • The "human brushes" dancing and drawing as the scroll opens.
  • The Chinese crown give a warm welcome to the athletes for Chinese Taipei despite the politics.
  • Well, obviously, Michael Phelps takes his 8th Gold at these games and 14th Gold overall.
  • Usain Bolt's 100m victory - debate all you like whether he was clean (I'd rather give him the benifit of the doubt), but you can't say this wasn't an incredibly memorable moment.
  • Rebecca Adlington winning two golds in the pool!
  • Liu Xiang's walkout
  • I think it is fantastic when somebody strong shows his emotions - the tears of Mathias Steiner, a German weightlifter, who's wife died last year in a car accident
  • Usain Bolt's 100m/200m double

Best post by a GamesBidder during the games

• Pyrros's summing up and verdict less than a quarter through the ceremony
  • The incorporable Krow, who, with his response in the "Dumb Sports" category during a discussion of new dumb sports to be added, came up with this gem that is the only internet posting that has ever made me spit out my beverage in laughter: how about complaining? think of the heated france / canada final."
  • Jeff and Paul's Aussie concession speech

Best venue

• Cycling Road Race
  • The Bird's Nest
  • The watercube

The "Sexiest" Athlete of the Game

• female nominations out of the "Hot Bods of the Games" thread
  • male nominations out of the "Hot Bods of the Games" thread

The nomination round of the first EMM will be closed on August 25th, 2008 - 21:00 Central European Daylight Saving Time - after the nomination round is closed I will start the voting rounds - you are allowed to give your TOP3 points in every category - your most favourite gets 6 points, the second best 4 points and the third best 2 points - the points are counted - if one nomination doesn't get an absolute majority the nominations with the less points will be taken away and the next voting round starts...

What do you think about the voting rounds? Should I change something? Maybe the procedure will take too long...

Maybe we don't need to do rounds. Just one single round, like the Eurovision contests, with everybody their points for each category. The points determine placings.

mhh - good!!!

Then I will set a time frame of 6 days (?), in which the points can be awarded. Then we will have the result on next sunday (August 31, 2008)

Do you think that the points "Six", "Four" and "Two" are enough or should I add an "Eight" points or even more?

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius
mhh - good!!!

Then I will set a time frame of 6 days (?), in which the points can be awarded. Then we will have the result on next sunday (August 31, 2008)

Do you think that the points "Six", "Four" and "Two" are enough or should I add an "Eight" points or even more?

Personally, I reckon do the vote quickly _ maybe two, or three days at most.

Those points should be enough to give us gold silver and bronze for each category.

Personally, I reckon do the vote quickly _ maybe two, or three days at most.

Those points should be enough to give us gold silver and bronze for each category.

o.k. - the voting round will be closed after two days - the points are counted and we will have the winners of the first

ERUEDAN MEMORIAL MEDAL