Who Is/will Be In Beijing For The Games

I arrived yesterday in Shanghai (at the same time of the USA Basketball Dream Team)

And I will arrive in Beijing wednesday.

Gamebids seems to not be censored in China.

I know Facebook isn't censored since I received few messages from some friends allreay at the Olympic Village.

Gamesbids is not blocked here, let's hope it stays that way. I'm here in Beijing and will be here throughout the Games. I'll be attending 35 event sessions, with 1-3 events each day of the Games from 8/9 on. Unless I die of exhaustion first.

haha, will be here, since I bundled the olympics with a trip to Nkorea, currently plan on two games maybe a junk 3rd ticket, quality over quantity :). Some of the best seats one can ask for, at a huge price :( . Row 1 swimming here i come!

I will be in Beijing starting from 6 Aug to 19 Aug 2008. Hopefully by then can see any gamesbidder there...

There's a reunion organized by JieJie at the Dadong restaurant on the night of the OC.

Maybe you can join us.

To any Gb'der going to the OC or able to get an extra OC packet or even just the Souvenir Programme --

would be willing to pay you REASONABLY for such a copy.

Please PM if you can -- and we can settle details there.

Thanks.

Same with me any one over there who can get the souvenir programme or the daily programe I will be keen to pay for this!

Just give me a PM as well.

Thanks for your help!

If you will be in Beijing for the Games, post a note here - tell us what events you will see and what you thought when you saw them. Be our iReporters, perhaps we'll include your experience in an article on the main site.

I arrived in Beijing yesterday. Swung down to CoSport to pick up some tickets today and then hit the Forbidden City. I've got a full plate of events during the games, so I'd be happy to share some of my experiences.

• 2 weeks later...
Same with me any one over there who can get the souvenir programme or the daily programe I will be keen to pay for this!

Just give me a PM as well.

Thanks for your help!

Just a quick note - there is no Olympic 'souvenir programme' (not sure about the OC one) - at least not one that sells in any of the big bookstores, corner news-sellers or at the venues. That also goes for daily programmes. I have not been able to find any at any of the events and I have been to an absolute crapload. There is the opening ceremony on dvd available across the city - 2 dvd for 50 yuan. Apart from that the only books I have found are the spectator guide, a brochure outlining the sport at each venue, collector maps and a guide to all the abbreviations.

Just a quick note - there is no Olympic 'souvenir programme' (not sure about the OC one) - at least not one that sells in any of the big bookstores, corner news-sellers or at the venues. That also goes for daily programmes. I have not been able to find any at any of the events and I have been to an absolute crapload. There is the opening ceremony on dvd available across the city - 2 dvd for 50 yuan. Apart from that the only books I have found are the spectator guide, a brochure outlining the sport at each venue, collector maps and a guide to all the abbreviations.

Yep i couldnt find anything either even asked at book stores and they just showed me the pins etc they were selling couldnt even find a sports section in the store.

I dont think Torino had souvenir programs or daily programs either hope they make a come back in Vancouver and London