Chinese Domestic Phase 4 Sale

jiejie

Chinese domestic Phase 4 sale starts tomorrow and continues through the 27th. All unsold tickets are going on the block at the various venues, and I expect most of the leftover tickets are for B and C seat categories. For some sports with lots of sessions, BOCOG has split the schedule so only some sessions are being sold on some days. And the listing is by venue or by how sports are assigned to different box offices, so for some sports, it’s impossible to get the exact breakdown of availability. Noticeably ABSENT from the “for sale” list is Swimming tickets. In case you are interested to see what the Chinese will be fighting over this weekend….and probably also indicative of relative demand during the Games and perhaps availability on the resale market.

Triathlon (2 sessions available)—638 tickets left (#’s are total spread across the available sessions)

Shooting (3 sessions)—689 tickets

Cycling (3 track, 2 mountain, 0 BMX)—1099 tickets

Badminton/Rhythmic Gym (16/3)—1366 tickets

Volleyball at BIT Gym (10)---1986 tickets

Wrestling (16)—3157 tickets

Judo/Taekwondo (12/8)—3227 tickets

Weightlifting (22)—3945 tickets

Table Tennis (29)—5065 tickets

Water Polo/Mod Pent (23)---5611 tickets

Beach Volleyball (23)---5684 tickets

Canoe Flat/Slalom/Rowing/Mara Swim (6/4/8/1)---6753 tickets

Football at Wrkrs Stadium Beijing (6)—7292 tickets

Fencing/Artistic Gymnastics/Handball at NIS/Marathon (17/7/8/2)—12,133 tickets (got to be mostly handball). Also, BOCOG must be holding back lots of marathon tickets to sell later, at last minute maybe.

Handball Prelims at Olympic Spts Ctr Gym (34)—13,552 tickets

Boxing (24)---14,235 tickets

Softball (17)---16,114 tickets

Basketball (35)---24,919 tickets (incl all sessions except M final & SF...but most of tickets are womens BK)

Archery/Hockey/Tennis/Tennis Grounds Pass (8/38/11/10)—26,187 tickets (this has to be mostly hockey)

Sync Swim/Diving/Football Final/Baseball (5/16/1/32)—30,098 tickets (mostly baseball)

Athletics except marathons (15)---30,603 tickets

Volleyball at Capital Ind Stad (31)---33,331 tickets

Beijing Total: 247,684 tickets

Football outside Beijing: 573,143 tickets

Total: 820,827 tickets excl HK and Qingdao, which is what was officially just announced by BOCOG.

Chinese domestic Phase 4 sale starts tomorrow and continues through the 27th. All unsold tickets are going on the block at the various venues, and I expect most of the leftover tickets are for B and C seat categories. For some sports with lots of sessions, BOCOG has split the schedule so only some sessions are being sold on some days. And the listing is by venue or by how sports are assigned to different box offices, so for some sports, it’s impossible to get the exact breakdown of availability. Noticeably ABSENT from the “for sale” list is Swimming tickets. In case you are interested to see what the Chinese will be fighting over this weekend….and probably also indicative of relative demand during the Games and perhaps availability on the resale market.

Triathlon (2 sessions available)—638 tickets left (#’s are total spread across the available sessions)

Shooting (3 sessions)—689 tickets

Cycling (3 track, 2 mountain, 0 BMX)—1099 tickets

Badminton/Rhythmic Gym (16/3)—1366 tickets

Volleyball at BIT Gym (10)---1986 tickets

Wrestling (16)—3157 tickets

Judo/Taekwondo (12/8)—3227 tickets

Weightlifting (22)—3945 tickets

Table Tennis (29)—5065 tickets

Water Polo/Mod Pent (23)---5611 tickets

Beach Volleyball (23)---5684 tickets

Canoe Flat/Slalom/Rowing/Mara Swim (6/4/8/1)---6753 tickets

Football at Wrkrs Stadium Beijing (6)—7292 tickets

Fencing/Artistic Gymnastics/Handball at NIS/Marathon (17/7/8/2)—12,133 tickets (got to be mostly handball). Also, BOCOG must be holding back lots of marathon tickets to sell later, at last minute maybe.

Handball Prelims at Olympic Spts Ctr Gym (34)—13,552 tickets

Boxing (24)---14,235 tickets

Softball (17)---16,114 tickets

Basketball (35)---24,919 tickets (incl all sessions except M final & SF...but most of tickets are womens BK)

Archery/Hockey/Tennis/Tennis Grounds Pass (8/38/11/10)—26,187 tickets (this has to be mostly hockey)

Sync Swim/Diving/Football Final/Baseball (5/16/1/32)—30,098 tickets (mostly baseball)

Athletics except marathons (15)---30,603 tickets

Volleyball at Capital Ind Stad (31)---33,331 tickets

Beijing Total: 247,684 tickets

Football outside Beijing: 573,143 tickets

Total: 820,827 tickets excl HK and Qingdao, which is what was officially just announced by BOCOG.

Hi Karen

You got my wish list by PM

Hope you will be able to find me some

Hi Karen

You got my wish list by PM

Hope you will be able to find me some

Not in the Chinese Phase 4 sale! I'm sitting this one out! Videos of some the chaos and near-riots by the main box office are now being transmitted around the world. I'm not surprised though--I knew it was going to be potentially ugly out there. Haven't yet heard if there were any serious problems or just a lot of pushing, shoving, and yelling. Heat is enough to give people heat stroke though, it is a very open area with no relief from sun. Also haven't yet heard how it went at the box offices serving other venues--I'm sure the one at Wukesong for Basketball had a crowd.

I saw it in the news tonight looks crazy people lines up as far as the eye can see.

well at least they're actually lining up and not budding in front of others...? hopefully that's good news for all the visitors who aren't used to the 'typical' Chinese way.

well at least they're actually lining up and not budding in front of others...? hopefully that's good news for all the visitors who aren't used to the 'typical' Chinese way.

Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks :D

In one and a half day all tickets for the Beijing events sold out.

I don't know about the other cities. But it seems there are 300,000 tickets available in the other host cities, so 6.7 million tickets are sold to the general public now and 2 million to the special groups.