Buyers Beware

does this relate to ANY reselling of tickets? What if I wanted to sell mine at/below face value (just to get rid of some and recoup costs)? no?

It's not illegal to buy tickets from a reseller regardless of price. It's not illegal to sell your ticket at or below face value. It is illegal to resell your ticket at more than face value. That said, most to all of the population here is reselling at more than face value...sometimes WAY over. This goes for every event, not just premier things like Ceremonies and mens' basketball final. Frankly, it's impossible for the authorities to stop this activity, just like every other Olympic city has found. The one thing they will control is ticket reselling inside/outside or near event venues--that they will be watching for so I wouldn't advocate that. But nothing anybody can do about reselling activity going on privately at other locations. If they want to put all the "guilty" in detention, the sheer numbers will fill a small city! So don't worry, bring your extra tickets and get creative on how to market them.

It's not illegal to buy tickets from a reseller regardless of price. It's not illegal to sell your ticket at or below face value. It is illegal to resell your ticket at more than face value. That said, most to all of the population here is reselling at more than face value...sometimes WAY over. This goes for every event, not just premier things like Ceremonies and mens' basketball final. Frankly, it's impossible for the authorities to stop this activity, just like every other Olympic city has found. The one thing they will control is ticket reselling inside/outside or near event venues--that they will be watching for so I wouldn't advocate that. But nothing anybody can do about reselling activity going on privately at other locations. If they want to put all the "guilty" in detention, the sheer numbers will fill a small city! So don't worry, bring your extra tickets and get creative on how to market them.

thanks for your always-helpful reply! good to hear.