Beijing Look Of The Games

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

82156291zf4.jpg

National Aquatics Center aka the Water Cube - Diving, Swimming, and Synchronized Swimming

82156310yi3.jpg

National Aquatics Center aka the Water Cube - Diving, Swimming, and Synchronized Swimming

82156902fk3.jpg

82156353vx3.jpg

Beijing Olympic Green Hockey Field - Field Hockey

82156300xl4.jpg

Beijing Olympic Green Hockey Field - Field Hockey

82157202mm6.jpg

Beijing Olympic Green Archery Field - Archery

82157241if2.jpg

Beijing Olympic Green Tennis Center - Tennis

82156458kx4.jpg

Shunyi Olympic Rowing & Canoeing Park - Rowing, Canoe/Kayak (Flatwater), & Aquatics (Marathon Swimming)

82156715yu1.jpg

Shunyi Olympic Rowing & Canoeing Park - Rowing, Canoe/Kayak (Flatwater), & Aquatics (Marathon Swimming)

82156372be7.jpg

I'm sorry, but I think it all looks tacky and cheap. Their color usage doesn’t have the elegance of the medals, the torch, or even their logos.

82157597lf4.jpg

82157694mi1.jpg

Shunyi Olympic Slalom Course - Canoe/Kayak (Slalom)

82156928wr5.jpg

Chaoyang Park Beach Volleyball Ground - Beach Volleyball

82157489rd7.jpg

Beijing Olympic Shooting Center - Center

whats wrong with this picture? are they really picking stuff off of the floor? of all the billions of dollars spent on these games and they couldnt afford a vacuum cleaner? GET A DYSON!

82156059rn9.jpg

National Indoor Stadium - Artistic Gymnastics, Trampoline, & Handball Finals

whats wrong with this picture? are they really picking stuff off of the floor? of all the billions of dollars spent on these games and they couldnt afford a vacuum cleaner? GET A DYSON!

82156059rn9.jpg

National Indoor Stadium - Artistic Gymnastics, Trampoline, & Handball Finals

lol~ :P

Athens 2004 had the best look. Beijing looks more like Sydney's but with more colors other than just blue. I was watching the documentaries of past Olympics over at Malaysia's ASTRO's 11 Olympic channels.. it seemed Sydney's look were quite boring! Atlanta's colors were a bit on the "dark" side. The best has to be Athens.

I actually liked Germany 2006's Look.

Athens is way, way better than Beijing's. Far more creative on all aspects - motif design, color, and overall usage. Beijing's strikes me as cheap and tacky.

Give me a break, Beijing's is far better than islander's look. For the sake of five key elements, gold, wood, water, fire, earth. It's more unique and natural. Athen's blue is rubbish

...Athens used far more than just blue.

And far more than the same three brush strokes over and over again...

Athens is the way to play with multi-symbols. ethnic and jungle look

China is the size of the entire europe, full of variety of ethnic groups,cultures, histories, languages.....landscapes.~It's the colour balancing the whole thing~

Athens is the way to play with multi-symbols. ethnic and jungle look

China is the size of the entire europe, full of variety of ethnic groups,cultures, histories, languages.....landscapes.~It's the colour balancing the whole thing~

...jungle look? :blink:

Athens Look of Games, designed by K2 is the creative result of researching 5000 years of hellenic art and then designing a simple and understandable look of the Games. Something that people also expected from Beijing Look of the Games.

And if you are missing the elements of the water, the earth, the nature, the sun and the human then take a closer look to the Athens Look:

lookofthegamesbh4.jpg

I have no problem with Beijing using colors that don't fit with people's own image of what China is. But I really can't find any meaning behind what they're doing. It's like "rainbow for the sake of a rainbow". With Athens, you could make it out - a color palette taken from the sea, the sun, the landscape and flora, and an ancient civilization.

Motif wise, yes, the lucky cloud is great, but why not be more creative? Being is so culturally rich, you would expect the Chinese to come up with more than just three brushstrokes.

Hi,

I like the 'Lucky Clouds' and I like the use of rainbows. Refreshing, though it might seem out of place on some venues, where one or two predominant colours might be better suited. What ever the organiser's choice was, I am sure that one of the main goals was to make a 'Look', that would become instantly recognisable for Beijing 2008. In that regard, I think they have accomplished it. This look, also makes people talk about it, whether they like it or not. And whether you choose to like it or not, is up to you.........

Watching the Germany-Brazil game, I can't help but notice that something's wrong with the Olympic logo on the boards next to the field. It looks like they have reversed the colors, so that the red and green is to the left and the blue and yellow to the right. It has become the mirror image of what it really should look like. A blunder by the Chinese or what?

Watching the Germany-Brazil game, I can't help but notice that something's wrong with the Olympic logo on the boards next to the field. It looks like they have reversed the colors, so that the red and green is to the left and the blue and yellow to the right. It has become the mirror image of what it really should look like. A blunder by the Chinese or what?

You're right, but I have the impression that only one of the "Olympic Rings" logos on the side fence is wrong.