Cosport Will-call In Beijing

jiejie

Cosport has put on their website (see link below) the location and operating hours of their Beijing will-call office. For those of you who know Beijing, it is in the Central Business District, Jianwai Soho Building 18...sort of across from the "Silk Market" and accessible by foot, taxi, subway, bus. There is a map on their website. I am EXCEEDINGLY IRRITATED that they will not open until July 26. Hours as announced will be:

July 26-August 6 08:00-19:00

August 7-August 9 07:00-22:00

August 10-August 23 08:00-19:00

August 24 08:00-17:00

CoSport-Beijing Will-Call

The SportsWorld ticket collection address is

Room 2008, 20th floor, North Tower B, SOHO Shangdu,

No. 8 Dongdaqiao Road, Chaoyang District

Beijing 100020, China

Is that reasonably central / easy to get to? (I like the room number!)

Yes, in fact it is only about 20 minutes walk from the Cosport office. Closest subway is "Yong An Li" on Line 1, by the Silk Market. Use northeast exit. Walk north on Dongdaqiao Road about 15 minutes. You will pass "The Place" shopping center with the big ceiling skyscreen (this is one of the Live-Site locations, by the way)...and a little farther you'll see a crazy looking black office/commercial complex with SOHO on it. Find or ask for North Tower B, and Bob's your uncle. You can't miss it.

The map shown on Sportsworlds' site shows an alternate and valid routing via Line 10 subway. If you are coming from Tiananmen, Qianmen, Xidan/Financial Street/West side, Chongwenmen, go my route via Line 1 subway. If you are coming from Olympic Green, Lido, Chaoyang Park areas, go Sportsworld's route.

Just to confirm, CoSport Will-Call did open this morning, exactly as scheduled. I arrived at 8:10 (opening was at 8:00) and was surprised to find about 30 people ahead of me, mostly Chinese--and a few Chinese waving their Canadian passports around :P Was about a 30 minute wait in line outside the office, mercifully in the shade, but went smoothly and very civilized. CoSport seemed to have their act together. I had a wagonload of tickets to pick up, plus a proxy from a friend, but was out in about 20 minutes. Actually met Adam Wixted (Director of Ticketing or similar title?)--he is in fact a real live fellow. Told me that Cosport was handling for two of the worldwide sponsors, the Employee Ticket distribution program...which explained all the locals in line. But this "mini crush" is expected to be over by Monday. Cosport thinks it will be relatively quiet until about August 8-10, so if you are coming a bit earlier and need to pick-up, put it on your priority list of activities.