Nagano Closing Ceremony

Guest Truly Asia

I dunno, I kinda like the Snowlets.

I think they probably failed at their job. It was hard to make them a cuddly plush that every kid wanted under their duvet - but in terms of their design - I kinda thought they fit in well with the Nagano design.

I dunno, I kinda like the Snowlets.

I think they probably failed at their job. It was hard to make them a cuddly plush that every kid wanted under their duvet - but in terms of their design - I kinda thought they fit in well with the Nagano design.

Agree. I liked the snowlets. If they didn't succeed, it's not the design's fault. It's just people don't have taste. That's all. Their folly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went to Nagano and thought it was great; the volunteers were so much fun and the athletes were happy to chat with, and be bought drinks by, the spectators and fans. I wasn't able to get tickets for the OC or the CC, but the taiko drums could be heard for miles. It was such a shame that the Japanese economy was nose-diving at the time, and it didn't catch the national imagination like Tokyo or Sapporo.

It was such a shame that the Japanese economy was nose-diving at the time, and it didn't catch the national imagination like Tokyo or Sapporo.

yeah, see the Japanese public get jaded so easily...especially if Pokemon and Pikachu aren't the mascots.

So someone should point this out to the IOC so that 2016 should definitely NOT go to Japan (again).

Just 8 years after Beijing, it would be an awful bore for the Japanese public in general...

Archived